Plug wires?

xNightRunnerx

Reaction score
I'm new to the "Viper World" and I'm looking to put new wires on my truck. I recently changed the plugs due to a misfire on cylinder 4 (I figured I'd start with the least expensive fix). Unfortunately, yea, the light came back on. Still cylinder 4, so my next fix is the wires. Long story short, I'm looking for some recommendations on what wires to use. The truck is all stock with the exception of the K&N intake, so whatever will work best to run well and get rid of this misfire is what I need. Let me know what you guys think, please and thanks!

I recently had a misfire on #10 turned out I broke an intake spring and dropped a valve.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f7/running-rough-53879/

I'm new to the "Viper World" and I'm looking to put new wires on my truck. I recently changed the plugs due to a misfire on cylinder 4 (I figured I'd start with the least expensive fix). Unfortunately, yea, the light came back on. Still cylinder 4, so my next fix is the wires. Long story short, I'm looking for some recommendations on what wires to use. The truck is all stock with the exception of the K&N intake, so whatever will work best to run well and get rid of this misfire is what I need. Let me know what you guys think, please and thanks!

Well the only reason I'm thinking it wouldn't be a broken spring is because the light comes and goes. It sees a misfire sometimes and comes on and then other times its off for a day or two. Is that the same as your truck or did yours come on and stay on?

Could be coil pack too. Tony with jtsvp sells performance coils and plug wires. Might as well do both since youll have intake manifold off already...

stinkers are way to go. did them last summer makes a hell of a difference. also oem always seemed to not have enough spark in the higher rpm range.

stinkers are way to go. did them last summer makes a hell of a difference. also oem always seemed to not have enough spark in the higher rpm range.

wires & coils:rock::rock:

Check out this link Home this is what I am running

They look like they're good quality. Are you happy with them? I haven't checked out OEM pricing yet but if they're more than stock pricing (besides the look), are they worth the extra coin?

Last edited:
They look like they're good quality. Are you happy with them? I haven't checked out OEM pricing yet but if they're more than stock pricing (besides the look), are they worth the extra coin?

I'm very happy with them, everything is firing great and the way these resist heat is awesome.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back