Polished intake manifold

InfinitySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a polished intake manifold to add little bling under the hood and thought it might look nice with a direct port NO2 set up on it. Anyone have one they are looking to get rid of, I'd be glad to take it off your hands:D

For the demand here it would seem to me the Roe guys if they have time on their hands could grind and polish their old intake and get a decent price for it....

94rt10ohio said:
For the demand here it would seem to me the Roe guys if they have time on their hands could grind and polish their old intake and get a decent price for it....

:dontknow: In a perfect world that could probably be. But simple economics points out that high demand doesn't give way to decent prices.

I found a local guy here in Baltimore that will polish it for $200, bad thing is at this point I don't have the time. Seems like removal is a lot of work and I don't want to run into an issue when I put it back on next week as I'm leaving for the hot rod tour on Thurs. Prob do it when I get back tho. If anyone else is interested and in the area I'll give you his contact info.

so is polished or chrome better? dont you have to do alot of care on polished items? or you have it cleared after the polish then wont the clear turn a yellow color from the heat and time.

Last edited:
GUys, I should know in a week or so how my process is going to turn out on me intake. If it works, we'll be able to provide this service. I'll post up when I know for sure if it's going to ba acceptable (IE show quality)...

Texas Yellow Fever said:
GUys, I should know in a week or so how my process is going to turn out on me intake. If it works, we'll be able to provide this service. I'll post up when I know for sure if it's going to ba acceptable (IE show quality)...

your intake was yellow, right? or are you polishing a diffrent intake?

dragon said:
your intake was yellow, right? or are you polishing a diffrent intake?

Yes, it's a different one. This one will be polished chrome. I'm just trying the process to see if it will meet the grade, if it does we'll be offering them on an exchange basis. The first one is sold, if it meets the grade.

Polishing requires some up keep, ie buffing from time to time where as chrome is easier to take care of, just wipe it clean but chroming can be harder to get done properly and the platting can add to the thickness of the intake which could throw off the fitment which is why I was going to do polished. Let's wait and see how Yellowfever's turns out. Another good benifit is shiny things have less heat retension so in theory it would have a slightly lower intake temp but who knows how much, maybe a few degrees, I'm sure not much, more so for that Bling factor!

I'd rather smooth the casting, then get it Thermal Barrier Coated....

In fact that's the route i'm going when I get around to it....

Got a beautiful Black Powder Coated one sitting here waiting to get put on !!!Was hoping to get it done before Brats GTG tomorrow,but that didn't happen !!!Another weekend though !!!:D

Guys an update on this...the process we wanted to use is just not going to deliver the results we want. We've worked and worked on it, and we continue to work on it, but at this moment I am not convinced we're going to be able to provide a product that I would sell to anyone. My gauge on this and everything else we're going to do, is whether or not I would put something on my truck. I figure if I don't want one, I shouldn't sell one. I haven't given up, I will find a way to do this, but I didn't want anyone planning on ordering one in the short term...more to come...miracles take a while...;)

thanks

thanks for the work Steve, I'm following this thread closely, was wanting some bling as well. Keep us posted (the yellow one looks good in your truck too bro)
:)

Speed Racer said:
thanks for the work Steve, I'm following this thread closely, was wanting some bling as well. Keep us posted (the yellow one looks good in your truck too bro)
:)

Well, don't give up on me, I ain't done yet...I just wanted ot give everyone that's waiting an update...if this shit was easy, everyone would be doing it I guess...LOL!!! I've been verypleased with the looks of my yellow one, it looks really good and would look a lot better if I'd quit screwing around and finish my custom valve covers, but that's a whole nuther story...(they are also on the list of things we're trying to get done). If you want a powder coated one, Justin is your man, his stuff is top flight all the way!!!

steve you are polishing this correct? that is alot of work to do that. i do like the look of your yellow intake it fits well in there.

Texas Yellow Fever said:
Yes, it's a different one. This one will be polished chrome. I'm just trying the process to see if it will meet the grade, if it does we'll be offering them on an exchange basis. The first one is sold, if it meets the grade.

Got any pics of your Yellow one ??:dontknow:

6pakattack said:
Got any pics of your Yellow one ??:dontknow:

Yep...just happen to have a few...:D

Attachments

• DSCF0953.JPG
    DSCF0953.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCF0952.JPG
    DSCF0952.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF0954.JPG