Port Matching Intake with Heads?

rreinicherr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much gain is it really worth the port match heads and intake? I am getting a set of heads ported? I know you might as well while doing the heads but what kind of real gains?

THANKS!

I don't think anyone has done a test with only port matching to compare. It's too much work to pull the intake and heads just for this mod.

I can tell you that with port matching, head work and cam my truck (tommmmy03s now) made 535/567 SAE corrected. :rock: :rock: :rock:

I already have a extra set of heads to be ported. I am trying to decide whether I should buy a extra intake to be port matched with them. Then I can sell my stock parts after the install. That is what I am trying to figure out. Is it worth it.

My Truck is a daily driver so I can't afford to have it down for a couple weeks or even a week. A couple days I can deal with.

THANKS!

I look at it this way.....Port matched HAS to be better than not port matched. There is NO WAY the flow wouldn't be better when the chambers match up. :dontknow:

i will let you know by the end of the weekend..:) mymotor willbe back in the truck by friday and running i hope....alli'v fgot is a full radious valve job with port matched everything wit a small ported and polished heads

Tooloe

That would be great!

Please post what you think!

Sleeper
Can't afford the labor or the truck being tied up that long for a Cam. :(
I am on a 4 kid budget.

Last edited:
Do It !! Port match the good heads to your intake, it is worth the trouble and you do not need an extra intake. You can bolt the matched intake to a stock set of heads when you are ready to sell, it will not hurt a thing.

You can send it here too. I gave the Porter several viper gaskets, intake and exhaust. He can port to the gaskets. He did my Roe SC intake.

I may do that. You are a lot closer. I will let you know ahead of time of course.

THANKS!

If you are running a bit bigger cam, you can leave the mismatch (intake manifold port is smaller than the intake port on the head) and reduce reversion as the mismatch acts as a dam.

Or, you can just port it anyway.:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back