Possible new Owner - 1 problem...

zdsh07p9

Reaction score
According to the owner - the truck, when you throw it into park, still says its in Reverse. You then have to shut it off and turn it back on for the light tree to say its in Park... He says that the fix is adjusting a cable, is this true? 2006 SRT10 with 40k miles..

Please advise,

Thanks,
Z

Get a quote from a mechanic you trust and have the seller knock that cost off the sales price

Thanks Jeff, I will consider that. I have always done the work myself on the last 36 vehicles I have owned. I was really looking to see if anyone has seen this before and how they repaired it. Also, what is the reliability like in this motor? I have seen rods and such go out all over this forum it feels like haha

Thanks Jeff, I will consider that. I have always done the work myself on the last 36 vehicles I have owned. I was really looking to see if anyone has seen this before and how they repaired it. Also, what is the reliability like in this motor? I have seen rods and such go out all over this forum it feels like haha

Most fail when boosted. I'd say it's just reliable as any other pushrod dodge engine.

When I lived in Salt Lake one of the local mopar club members had his own transmission business. I saw him make that fix at car shows

Feel free to give him a call, Mike at Gears Transmissions

Last edited:
Thank you all, if I get it I will surely message you or give him a call. Thanks for the fast support! I wish I could throw a manual in it if I purchase it!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back