Power Steering Leak Near Pressure Hose Fitting

rodtek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

My power steering developed a leak that appears to be within the fitting of the pressure hose attached to the reservoir. I bought a new hose thinking the fitting was part of the hose....it's not....maybe they sold me the wrong hose?

Does anybody know what might be leaking in that fitting and how to remove that fitting if in fact it's a separate piece that's attached to the hose.

How do I remove that fitting of it comes off......or did they sell me the wrong hose?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Rodtek

That is a normal place to find a leak, replace the hose with a aftermarket hose. Justin @ JMB Performance can get you the proper pieces.

it's a common problem...

one of our vendor's here can hook you up with a fix...

as far as i know they're still not available from the dealer anyways...

These trucks are known to have this problem. The best thing to do is go with a upgrade set of hoses. Our Buddy Tony at JTS Venom Performance has these. Keep an eye on your Oil lines too. They are a weak link too. JTS Venom Performance

it's not the hose that leaks, it's the o-ring in the connector itself...

as stated above, you can get a braided stainless line to replace it... it's a common problem...

Yeah,

The parts guy really seemed to be struggling with helping me on this.

Thanks

Rod

it's not the hose that leaks, it's the o-ring in the connector itself...

as stated above, you can get a braided stainless line to replace it... it's a common problem...
Ok, thanks. I had a feeling this might of been a common problem.....at that's what I was hoping.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back