POWER STEERING LINE ?

popstoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found out today my power steering hose was seeping,the one on top on resiVoir thats the one right next to pulley.its leaking right where the line goes through the nut and it has movement.my question is Before i remove do i need to replace and order new hose or is there an o ring that seals it.the nut is as tight as it can get.thanks :mad:

Da1Chief said:
Only 1 answer to the problem.... Tony at JTS Venom Performance... Aircraft Grade Lifetime Lines.... Fixed forever... :)

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
popstoy shoot viperhualer dan a pm buddy, he disected on oem line, he can give you some insight good sir

i would bet they are the same low quailty as the engine oil cooler lines, fockers
:aetsch: :toilet: :aetsch: :toilet: :aetsch: :toilet: :elefant:

The factory uses a quick connectdisconnect fitting in several locations. The HP line thats leaking on yours is one of them. Many of us built our own replacement line until JTS came up with a prepackaged line. Whatever you do don't use a factory replacement. Also, factory service manual states if you remove that connection you'll have to replace the steering pump...obviously not true.

I too think that Tony's power steering lines are the best thing since "pay at the pump"...

One caution...look closely at the base of the nipple into which the line inserts.

I found a crack at the base where the fitting joins the power steering rack cylinder. With the oem fitting the crack was above the o ring and did not leak...when I changed to Tony's lines...that crack, due to the shorter reach of the new lines (without an internal o ring) leaked, a rack problem not a line problem.

The new power steer rack is not a tough job but the retail cost of the rack is about $700, so inspect closely and tighten the new lines carefully.

Last edited:
thanks fells ya makin me blush:p

popstoy to be honest bud, I got only 1 set available today, they are having a hrd time getting the hose we use, I got three customers waitning on sinlge lines for three weeks now for the justin electric fan set up:eek:

I had a leak in the same place, replaced with Tony's lines a month ago. No leaks now, and the braided lines look a thousand times better. Definitely the easiest way to go.

jsut sold the last set:eek: hope to get more in pretty quick, but may be a week or two, goodridge is in the middle of nascar rush season:eek:

Ok, so I go out to the truck to go get some lunch, and the power steering is whining like a bitch! I checked and sure enough, it's leaking. How can I tell if it's leaking from the hose or if the pump itself is bad? Is there a tried and true way to know for sure??

ntw0rk said:
Ok, so I go out to the truck to go get some lunch, and the power steering is whining like a bitch! I checked and sure enough, it's leaking. How can I tell if it's leaking from the hose or if the pump itself is bad? Is there a tried and true way to know for sure??
replace the lines and if it stops your good:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back