pro turbo crap

I think that a supercharger is a more viable power adder at the moment. We will see.... I know Walt is running good, but theres alot of the STS and PTS that are not. Lots a Paxtons running great though.

Good luck Tony. Sucks to hear they're still having problems getting it reliably dialed in.

The leak issues are interesting. Like Mopar Mudder said, the diesel trucks run MUCH higher boost. I don't have any leaks but Boomer put on those man style clamps. When he did a dyno pull with the radiator hose clamps, what comes in the Paxton kit, the hoses blew off. I just went out and looked at my Cummins and the clamps on it are nothing special and it pushes over 30 lbs boost.

Sorry to hear its not working out Stinker. I can only imagine your frustration, but you're being a whole lot nicer about it than I would be.

I'm real sorry to hear about the ongoing problems with your truck. I hope you get everything worked out. Drive safe, and let us know how your trip is going.

Bill.

Stink you have been without your truck for a hell of a long time now. It is truly bull shit for them to take that long and it still not be right. Don't eat the expense you have been thru enough. It is easy for someone to talk the talk but backing it up is a different story. I guess what I am saying is if they said they could do it for you and have had your truck this long you should be refunded any monies that you have been charged. I hope all works out well in the long run. :dontknow:

Last edited:
Ram From Hell said:
I see that Steve Austin (...a man barely alive) is now hawking Pro Turbo's wares. Might be nice if they got a success story under their collective belts before promoting more misery. Until STS has their problems worked out, I'm certainly not going to be selling any new SRT-10 kits.:stupido:

We will not sell anything we don't have working for us already either. I said that we sell pro turbo. If you go to that site they have all kinds of stuff for different applications. Kits that have worked for other cars not just the ram srt 10. Knowone on this forum can dispute the success that they have had in other areas of this business.

Stinkers truck has been very unfortunate but lets not get too carried away with saying the whole pro turbo company sucks and everything they make is crap. There has been alot of people that have killed the motors using the paxton as well but I don't see anyone saying paxton sucks. If you toast a motor using a paxton and call them for some compansation they will tell you to suck ass. They won't offer anything. Good luck getting pistons from those guys!

I know stinker has had all kinds of trouble with this build but I do not beleive for a second that it is all to blam on the turbo kit. Lets face it any kit if not setup and tuned correctly will have issues. There have been many factors to stinkers problems with pro turbo and now dave weiver and it is still not over.

We are currently doing this kit on my own truck and are going to do all of the tuning in house with VEC 2 and AEM. This way if things f up we will know why and how to solve the problem. When my truck is done we will be selling those kits for the ram as plug and play. You will be able to instal and drive just like the paxton kit.They will come with the base line tuning already done to avoid any drama.

I feel for tony more than most and in the past have been in similar situations. He has my phone number and he is free to pick up that phone anytime he wishes for any help I can provide him. I really do hope that tony gets his truck on the road and can enjoy the pro turbo kit.

I would never sell anything to the forum members that has not already been proven by us in real world use. I am here to try and help out in anyway I can.

Steve Austin :burnout:

If Paxton installed thekit and BLEW IT UP BEFORE RETURNING IT TO THE CUSTOMER.....THEN BET YOUR ASS THEY WOULD BE PAYING FOR IT!!! Pro turbo INSTALLED the kit on T's truck. Then drove it 100 miles on the stock tune!!!!! UNACCEPTABLE! Dalton then tried to say it was ART fault that it let go when the F'ing truck was smoking like CRAZY when it got there. I agree, dont sell it til it works, but they showed alot of UNETHICAL practices in dealing with T. I think there is a design flaw in the setup that is being used on his truck, is yours exactly the same??? My motor let go from a Paxton, but it worked for 15000 miles before it did. thats a lot of gas being burnt before she let go, and the truck was SC'd from mile #1. That was just a real bad situation.....SORRY TONY!

Blakewilder said:
If Paxton installed thekit and BLEW IT UP BEFORE RETURNING IT TO THE CUSTOMER.....THEN BET YOUR ASS THEY WOULD BE PAYING FOR IT!!! Pro turbo INSTALLED the kit on T's truck. Then drove it 100 miles on the stock tune!!!!! UNACCEPTABLE! Dalton then tried to say it was ART fault that it let go when the F'ing truck was smoking like CRAZY when it got there. I agree, dont sell it til it works, but they showed alot of UNETHICAL practices in dealing with T. I think there is a design flaw in the setup that is being used on his truck, is yours exactly the same??? My motor let go from a Paxton, but it worked for 15000 miles before it did. thats a lot of gas being burnt before she let go, and the truck was SC'd from mile #1. That was just a real bad situation.....SORRY TONY!

If paxton installed the kit in house and tuned it in house then blew the truck up you are right they would fix it. If they sent the truck to anyone else after they installed it they would do nothing. The same shit would happen paxton would blam the tuner and the tuner would balm paxton.
I have dealt with paxton and vortech tons of times over stuff and unless it is directly a problem with there product they won't hear it, even then they are difficult at times. Members on this forum have had tons of proplems with the paxton. Some members issues have been going on for months as well with boost issues and are still not fixed.
Either way tony has had problems on both ends of the scale not just with pro turbo but with dave weiver as well. When things went bad pro turbo was to blam then dave weiver stepped in and was going to save the day well now he has not been able to do that either.
The situation for tony is bad all the way around and at this point there is no reason to keep pointing fingers about who did what and why it happened. We were not there the only people that know what is what is dave and dalton and everyone else is just going by what they have been told including tony who was not present when this all happened.
The only thing to do is look at the situation and figure out what can be done to solve his current problem with his truck and get him back on the road.

Steve Austin:burnout:

Sometimes it is easier to look at the glass half full instead of half empty:)

yeah, those were all ME! They are definately a pain in the ass. My point was purely that Dalton drove the truck himself knowing that the truck had a stock fuel/timing tune in it pushing 7lbs of boost. That would be like bolting on the Paxton without putting the kicker pumps in and the split second controller, then driving it 100 miles. BOOM! Gauranteed! He even called Tony on the way there and said that the truck felt real peppy! Just a bad call. Not wanting to beat a dead horse here, I hope yours turns out great (it sounds like it will). I like the idea of the AEM and VEC. What kinda HP target do you have?

Its seems like there is alot of holes in the story. IF the truck blew up on the way up there then how was there so many full out dyno pulls made. To my understanding if the motor was blown up wouldnt the truck run like crap.

It wasnt BLOWN UP. It was damaged. It was smoking heavily, so DW let it cool. Then after a few dyno pulls with3lbs of boost it let go. THat was the version that I got.

How many pulls exactly ? That would make a big difference in my book. This is risky business no matter how you look at it. We aren't buying erector sets...

Blake - I think both sides are a little suspect here. Do you think Cragin/Macedo/Hennessey wouldn't be able to get to the bottom of the boost problem after a month? I don't know the tuner in question from Adam - but it does make me wonder a bit...

Despite all our run ins I do wish Stinker the best on this project...

Last edited:
IT wasnt working properly when delivered to ART. I agree, its beating a dead horse at this point. Especially when I had the same thing happen to me....kinda. My "tuner" smoked my motor while tuning and he is paying for it. All the parts that are being upgraded besides the pistons I pay for. he's covering all labor,machining, etc.

Blakewilder said:
IT wasnt working properly when delivered to ART. I agree, its beating a dead horse at this point. Especially when I had the same thing happen to me....kinda. My "tuner" smoked my motor while tuning and he is paying for it. All the parts that are being upgraded besides the pistons I pay for. he's covering all labor,machining, etc.

Thats awesome he's stepping up to the plate. Who built it?

Any of these so called tuners should have a vacuum leak detector to isolate leaks in the pressure side. It is called a smoke machine,put it in the inlet,turn it on and it fills the complete intake tract up with thick smoke,any leak and you just follow the smoke. These have been on the market for at least ten years. Powerstrokes and cummins both have clamps that have a 1/4" sae threaded bolt in the clamp and they do not leak if you get them tight.

I'll plead the 5th on my motor blowing up. It blew on the dyno but was it from the prior nitrous/propane injection (how much nobody knows or will tell me) and possible weakening of the internal parts or from the Paxton dyno pulls (not even 2 of them) which were within a/f tollerance from Paxton. That is the question. Either way, as far as I know I'm footing the entire bill.

I just talked to Tony and he was almost in Monroe, Lousiana. He thinks he will get to Buda, Tx about 10 or 11 tonight.
He talked to David Weaver today and they found 2 leaks in the intercooler, so it still might live and make HP.

FSTJACK said:
I just talked to Tony and he was almost in Monroe, Lousiana. He thinks he will get to Buda, Tx about 10 or 11 tonight.
He talked to David Weaver today and they found 2 leaks in the intercooler, so it still might live and make HP.

Leaks in the intercooler? :confused: Well that's a quality product.:(

OK guys I dont want to start another pro turbo bash thread thats dead and gone, horse done shit in the lake and its floated away. I just made it to buda, due to construction, hittingthe sac, give the pillow some head! But Jack is right David found 2 leaks in th intercooler, and thats all I know for now, will talk with him in the morn, nite guys!

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back