problem motor

zio

Reaction score
hello! i'm a new owner of viper truck and i've got a big problem with it...

the truck became by have little pet pet pet in the exhaut ,after it drive at max 80miles after 60, 40 ,20 and it finished by stopped. there are smoke and oil in the air box,pression in radiator. we take compression in the cylinder and 2 cylinder have pression enough. We open ,the cylinder look like ok,valve ok and the gasket changed,hydrolyc pusher look like in good condition and when we close the all...same problem !!!AAARRRRGGGG !!!! how to see if the pistons are good wthout put down the motor ?

i don't know where can come the problem, someone can help me ???
( sorry i don't speak english very well ,i live in belgium...)
thanks fabrizio

You need to run a Leak down test.

As per the compression test it could be valve seals, valve seats, the valve, or most likely the piston ring.

Now the blow by can also be that your breather is clogged or crimped cause the crankcase to build pressure.

What did the Cylinder wall look like?

If you popped the head off did you pour water in the combustion chamber, it would show a burned or bent valve.

Last edited:
Hey,
Welcome to the club. :) Have you tried a compression or leak down test? That will tell you if you have a problem without taking things apart. Also, PM BelgiumBarry, he's smarter than he Looks.;) :D Good "Local" source for info.

Will

Floor said:
oh yes, GET IT FIXED BEFORE AUGUST 24TH (www.apow.be) :argh: :eek:
We'll see you there :rock: :marchmellow: :rock:

With 15 or more other SRT-10 trucks from Holland and Belgium :rock: :rock: :rock: :top:

BTW welcome to VTCOA.. Sorry to hear about the problems with your Viper truck :mad:

Fabrizio:

Get the truck to Norbert (BelgiumBarry). He is an outstanding mechanic and engineer. (If you tell him I said that, I will deny it.:D )

I bet his shop can find the problem...but here are a few low tech checks...

1. Aside from the leak down and compression checks mentioned above...are there any metal filings in your oil? Feel test, and check the magnet on the drain plug.

2. Use a solid metal tube to listen to each cylinder (on the side of the engine block) to see if there is any difference in the sound of the pistons. If you do pull the pistons, do spend the extra dollars to put in "forged" pistons rather than stock ones, you will find a special purchase price for them at: http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25345

3. I am worried, your symptoms do not sound good.

You don't provide enough information to do much more analysis. There is no easy way to check the pistons...other than the leak down and compression checks.

Get Norbert to help...he is close and if you bring some spirits with you, he will be in a very good mood!

Let us know what you find.

Thanks for the PM...don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. We will try to help as much as we can...

Last edited:
Welcome, hope you get your truck fixed up real soon. I agree with Prof, Wafflehead is a braniac :rock:

when we star the engine, oil get out by gauge of oil... aie aie aie. There is a presure in the carter oil.

Pistons out?

If is there a problem with the camshaft, there isnt any presure in the carter oil???

please, help me, SOS.

THX.

Zio.

Scar where were you at, I was looking for PPL in the Norfolf, va beach, hampton & newport news area to go ride around with. Some of the Va boys are going to do a GTG when i get back from Japan for good see if you are down

Big Worm said:
Scar where were you at, I was looking for PPL in the Norfolf, va beach, hampton & newport news area to go ride around with. Some of the Va boys are going to do a GTG when i get back from Japan for good see if you are down

Ditto! Where are you at over there? I'm up in Hampton currently watching Big Worm's truck for him... We need to get together!!:rock:

Stretch

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back