pulling tranny

dcrow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello all
just about to pull the tranny on my truck to upgrade the clutch and master,slave cylinder.
just wondering if it was really difficult?
i would prefer responses from some of the senior members,but no offense to anyone else,just wanting some accurate info and if there is anything that i need to do or buy,tricks that would make it easier?:dontknow: :dontknow:

Not really, Just make sure you have that puppy securly attached to the tranny jack, it is Heavy.
Make sure you have proper clutch disc tool
Mark the drieshaft and tranny splines to get it back in the same place, or it may vibrate
Check pilot bearing in crank!!!!
Dont force anything together, and torque bolts to spec.Carfull, you are working with aluminum.

trying to think, but its pretty straight forward, especially if ya done a clutch before.

the only thing is jsut dont forget to put in the spacer behind the slave cylinder;) it should be around .250 or 1/4 inch.

but basics apply, remove driveshaft, shifter, crossmember, r and r tranny and clutch and buy more beer:D

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1410

Here are some pictures...It pretty straight forward.

Remove the drive-shaft (make sure the e-brake is on), remove the hydraulic clutch line, remove the electrical plugs.

Start removing the transmission bolts, and place a transmission jack under the transmission. It will begin to lean, so make sure your not putting too much pressure on the input shaft...

Once transmission is out, remove the bell housing bolts, and remove the bell housing. At this point you can change all your parts...

Reinstall as you took out and use the proper torque specs...

Patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back