Pulstar Pulse Plugs

I'm probably being dense but I don't see how this new and improved spark plug can make the air/fuel mixture burn quicker. I would think that once it is ignited by whatever source, the burn rate of the mixture would be the same.

In one if their demo's, it shows a sudden increase in cylinder pressure because of the rapid burn the new plug creates. This leads me to the question, What will happen to cylinder #3 on our trucks? I know, the pressure increase is so minute that it's not the same as an over boost from the STS. I'm just being dramatic. We haven't had any tonight.:D

Last edited:
let us know

These plugs have been talked about on the Vette forums. One member had is modded and tuned C6 dynoed with those plugs and found no gains. Starting at post #75 Link Another speed shop is supposed to do their own independent test of these plugs on a bone stock C6 but that hasn't happened yet. Pulstar thinks there are more gains to be found on a stock C6 with stock tune.

Looks like a great way to blow up an engine.
Esp. if you have any type of power-adder.

If I ever decided to buy them. I am glad I don't own a Hemi anymore. 16x$25.00

i will tell you a short story of my jeep and aftermarket plugs. i wanted to do the plus on my 1997 jeep wrangler so i went out and bought ngk platinum plugs. gapped them correctly, installed them and away i went. right away i noticed that the jeep just ran like crap not knowing what i did i decided to go get bosh platinum plugs. gapped and instlled them, still ran like crap. :dontknow: put my old factory plugs back in ran like a champ. ran way better with the old champion plugs in there then the new ngk or bosh. so i went out and purchased the factory plugs and installed them, run great.

the point of this story is i will only put the factory pulgs in my vheicles.

dragon said:
i will tell you a short story of my jeep and aftermarket plugs. i wanted to do the plus on my 1997 jeep wrangler so i went out and bought ngk platinum plugs. gapped them correctly, installed them and away i went. right away i noticed that the jeep just ran like crap not knowing what i did i decided to go get bosh platinum plugs. gapped and instlled them, still ran like crap. :dontknow: put my old factory plugs back in ran like a champ. ran way better with the old champion plugs in there then the new ngk or bosh. so i went out and purchased the factory plugs and installed them, run great.

I posted similar on a different thread. I too tried a variety of more expensive plugs on a vehicle. Best performance was with OEM plugs. Unless I wind up with some sort of forced induction, Champion OEM plugs only in my SRT10.

Spend your money elsewhere.

oldguy

Don't buy them. I have a set for my coupe and they seem to make a bit (NOT $150.00) more but the static in the radio sounds like crap when full throttle. Don't waste your money. Beside you can not use them if you go with a turbo or S/C. Just my two cents.
OZ

dragon said:

Platinum plugs are not known for increased performance, but for their longevity. Platinum as a metal has lower conductive properties than copper, so I requires a higher energy ignition system for them to perform the same as copper. I do not know of anyone that has a race car that runs platinum plugs. However, the new iridium plugs are supposed to be pretty good. I know of a few guys with modded SRT-4's that solved some ignition problems with the iridiums.

I have looked at the Pulstar plugs and they look interesting, but I also have to think they are not worth the money unless someone independently tests them and proves different.

-Muzzy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back