PVD Black Chrome

ejholt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Working on 3 major vehicle mod projects this Summer - 2014 BMW M3, 2014 Jeep SRT, and 2004 Ram SRT-10. MY Jeep came stock with PVD Black Chrome Wheels and I decided to have my SRT-10 Wheels done in the same way. I was able to get the same company that Chrysler uses to do all their OEM wheels.

So I wanted to take my billet door handles, fuel door, etc. and do the same way PVD Black Chrome. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find anyone in the US that only works on small projects vs. assemble line.

Does anyone know anyone that does this type of work on small pieces?

Attached is a copy of my SRT Wheels :)

Attachments

• RAM SRT-10 PVD Black Chrome Wheels.jpg
    RAM SRT-10 PVD Black Chrome Wheels.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 2,631
How much did it cost to have the wheels done, and what is the name of the company that did them? I really want to have my wheels blacked out, just not sure if I want the chrome look or not.

How much did it cost to have the wheels done, and what is the name of the company that did them? I really want to have my wheels blacked out, just not sure if I want the chrome look or not.

Do it. Outnumberds truck with them.

Attachments

• 397905757.jpg
    397905757.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 7,117
is that Perma Star from Goodrich Technology???

Lookup motomotion. I believe they own a company called lqk who will do rims etc... Located in talmadge, ohio.

$600 for all 4 wheels. Detroit Tire & Wheel. They use the same company that does this for 2014 SRT Jeep and the 2014 SRT Viper now has these same wheel color. This is not a chrome plating. They are darker in person. Check out an SRT Jeep and you can with the same PVD Black Chrome. Haven't put them back on the tires yet, as the Truck is going through a major Audio upgrade, then heading off to MO for an engine build & supercharger, then coming back from a complete Alcantara Interior project, and with new painted stripes. Thinking about a Gun Metal Pearl Stripes vs. the White I have now. Truck has been in storage for 6 years and only has 3K miles.

That is a ton of work on the truck! Can't wait to see the end result! Do they also fix curb rash? Will need that fixed prior to the coating.

I too would like to know if they fix curb rash. If so, I will be in touch with them ASAP!

That is a ton of work on the truck! Can't wait to see the end result! Do they also fix curb rash? Will need that fixed prior to the coating.

I would give them a call. Not sure. My wheels only had 3000 miles on them and where in perfect condition. They do inspect them 1st and clean them up and let you know if they can do the process.

Black Chrome

$600 for all 4 wheels. Detroit Tire & Wheel. They use the same company that does this for 2014 SRT Jeep and the 2014 SRT Viper now has these same wheel color. This is not a chrome plating. They are darker in person. Check out an SRT Jeep and you can with the same PVD Black Chrome. Haven't put them back on the tires yet, as the Truck is going through a major Audio upgrade, then heading off to MO for an engine build & supercharger, then coming back from a complete Alcantara Interior project, and with new painted stripes. Thinking about a Gun Metal Pearl Stripes vs. the White I have now. Truck has been in storage for 6 years and only has 3K miles.

I found a company that will PVD or black chrome individual parts. I just sent my chrome fuel door to get it done and waiting for it to get back. They also have several other finishes to consider as well.

PVD Coatings

I found a company that will PVD or black chrome individual parts. I just sent my chrome fuel door to get it done and waiting for it to get back. They also have several other finishes to consider as well.

PVD Coatings

What did they charge you for the Chrome Fuel Door? I would love to see pictures when you get it back.

The Viper valve covers on their site LOOK SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nicest I've seen.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back