QC Turning diameter cure?

topdown

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience in addressing the enormous turning diameter these QC's have? I measured it at 52 feet!

I believe the steering racks are internally limited to avoid tire damage. If someone were to mount stock dodge 20" rims with skinnier tires, it seems that you could get a tighter turning diameter if the limiting device could be adjusted (or a regular steering rack swap?).

I know, I know- It's how it's designed, don't bastardize, etc. But this is really annoying!

Any thoughts on decreasing the turning radius of these QCs?

topdown said:
Has anyone had any experience in addressing the enormous turning diameter these QC's have? I measured it at 52 feet!

I believe the steering racks are internally limited to avoid tire damage. If someone were to mount stock dodge 20" rims with skinnier tires, it seems that you could get a tighter turning diameter if the limiting device could be adjusted (or a regular steering rack swap?).

I know, I know- It's how it's designed, don't bastardize, etc. But this is really annoying!

Any thoughts on decreasing the turning radius of these QCs?
I have not, I drive an RC - Welcome :rock:

20's wont fix over the brakes... but other that that a light tape of the gas and a 1/2 spin, and you have a 0 turn radius truck. That would be a cheap driver mod...

20's won't fit over the brakes? The spare tire is a 20 and it fits over the brakes- I hope!!!

i had to put my spare on when i was getting a front rim fixed,the 20 spare fit fine no problem,even drove it a little.

The 20" we have is NOT the same as the 20" spare on the hemi's. I blew 2 tires while my old truck was following me, I took his spare and it wouldn't fit front hit the brakes and back rubbed the fender liner, ours ftis because of a huge off set and a differnt shape. I guess I meant not all 20's will fit.

BigRed460 said:
The 20" we have is NOT the same as the 20" spare on the hemi's. I blew 2 tires while my old truck was following me, I took his spare and it wouldn't fit front hit the brakes and back rubbed the fender liner, ours ftis because of a huge off set and a differnt shape. I guess I meant not all 20's will fit.
i did not know the rims were diffrent,thanks.:rock: :rock:

Yeah thanks as well. I was fixin to buy a set of 20s just to improve the ride quality. Has anyone done this yet?

turn wheel. floor gas pedal...make sure there are no pedestrians around!!!

topdown said:
Yeah thanks as well. I was fixin to buy a set of 20s just to improve the ride quality. Has anyone done this yet?

Please do not do this. :)

UNLESS you get the 20" replicas that look like our wheels. These wheels make the truck. . . :)

To IMPROVE your turing radius, chop the back 1/2 of the cab off!!!!! :D :D

Will those 20" SRT style rims fit over the brakes of these trucks?

BigRed460 said:
20's wont fix over the brakes... but other that that a light tape of the gas and a 1/2 spin, and you have a 0 turn radius truck. That would be a cheap driver mod...

just so you know, i have had my stock 1500 20's on mine just fine

here's a pic. but the tire size is the same as the srt-10's on my wheels

stansrtside.jpg

Roz-SRT said:
Please do not do this. :)

UNLESS you get the 20" replicas that look like our wheels. These wheels make the truck. . . :)

To IMPROVE your turing radius, chop the back 1/2 of the cab off!!!!! :D :D

yes it improves the ride a LOT. i miss the 20's so much im changing back

For that long of a truck 52 feet is not bad.
My 83 Ford F-350 4x4 is 50 feet and it is a stock reg. cab:burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back