Question about 06 stock radio

There is no ipod port on the 06 radio's. Mopar offers a hard wire kit that gives you a way to use your ipod. I just bought one of those FM transmitter deals.

HHmmm, Well, are there any good aftermarket radio suggestions out there, especially ones that don't stand out and scream I don't fit in here?

Pioneer p700 i have one in my work truck . And the next model up has a dvd player mine was only like 550 . the dvd one is like 7oo this was over a year ago when i bought mine maybe cheaper now ..

I bought the ipac iPod integration kit for mine the hardest part to the install is getting the center console apart. It just hooks into the back of the deck cost me $35 or so from savinglots.com they were the cheapest company that would ship to Canada amazon wont ship much here so there loss. It's cheap and easy and you retail steering wheel controls the only thing it doesn't do is display on the nav song info.

Ramchargerguy said:
I bought the ipac iPod integration kit for mine the hardest part to the install is getting the center console apart. It just hooks into the back of the deck cost me $35 or so from savinglots.com they were the cheapest company that would ship to Canada amazon wont ship much here so there loss. It's cheap and easy and you retail steering wheel controls the only thing it doesn't do is display on the nav song info.

Do you control the ipod from the radio or the ipod ?

REPOMAN1 said:
Do you control the ipod from the radio or the ipod ?

Both the seek and volume on the deck and steering wheel both work and I have an iPhone so I can go into the ipod section and select specific songs or playlists. I just bought one of those fm transmitters that plug Into the cigarette light so my phones mounted right next to the pushstart I just plug inthe pac instead of the fm transmitter. Cheaper than buying a whole new deck of your happy with the stock system. I prefer listening to the Whoop whoop in my truck over the radio.

Yea there is a few ways to get an Ipod to work with the REC radio (navigation).
There are aftermarket companies that make an adapter (NOT Fm modulated) that will give it a direct input into the radio.
You will still be able to use the steering wheel control to get to previous and next tracks. You will not get any of the songs, artist and stuff on the radio though.
Think the company I went with was PAC. I can check tomorrow.

My tow truck had a hookup right in the dash plug the wire in the ipod to dash and you use the ipod . Now that i got the pioneer i gotta control the ipod through the radio it sucks . I wanna use the ipod to control, not the radio the radio takes forever to switch songs and look for songs .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back