question about warantee work on SRT's

mr. anderson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, does dodge give out complimentary rentals for warrantee work? ford did with their SVT's as does chevy with the vette. anyone? I bought the extended dodge maxcare or whatever it was with the truck when I got it.

Typically no, but it changes from dealer to dealer. It doesnt hurt to ask/demand for one but just because its a 'SRT' doesnt equal preferential treatment.....

hell i would ask for a Viper loaner:rock: :rock: :rock:

nothing yet. hopefully I won't need to use it at all. but just simple peace of mind.

I work for Charlie's Dodge in Fort Pierce FL.,
No one gets a loaner without Maxcare(extended Warr.).There are some exceptions (rare).S.R.T. or not.Its chryslers policy,not the dealers.:dontknow:

Chrysler's basic warranty will not give a loaner...some extended warranties do provide a loaner and some dealers will (like mine)..

if you have the chrysler extended warranty it provides rental coverage... otherwise chrysler does not have a rental policy. some dealers may have loaners available, but there are very few chrysler dodge jeep dealers with a loaner program since chrysler does not assist in rental coverage.

Did someone say "warranty"................?

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!

D

watch your dealer, when I took mine in, I asked if I hade rental while it was in and they said yes. Yeah 5 days worth. Well the motor turned out to need new rod bearings, and I had sold my other daily driver. So Star took their sweet time getting to the problem and deciding what to do. now almost 3 months later I'am getting my truck back and the rental car company is saying I owe $3000. Now I'am fighting with Chrysler, because it is their problem they have had my truck for all this time.

I guess it's all in who you know. My wife took her Focus ZX3 in for a rough idle problem. She got a loaner for a week while they tried to determine what it was. Oh yeah, we know the owner. Plus I maintain his many shop doors. Just one of the perks to being in business for yourself. Turned out to be that the squirrel under her hood had a cold. :D

When my damper bolt came loose my dealer took 3 monthes to repair it, I got a rental for 15 days, 5 days were included via my extended warrenty and I was extending on a week by week baisis with chrysler directly untill I hit that 15 day mark.
they informed me that was the limit of there rental policy and could not provide me with any further assitance??!!
no amount of talking and call backs and speaking with supervisors helped, all they said is "I'm sorry but that's all we can do", "can I help you with anything else?"
thats when I hung up the phone...
I have since purchased a cheap toyota p/u, it's cheaper that renting for two and a half months!!
will never buy another dodge product again!! :dontknow:
love my truck though!!:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back