Question For Silverback

GADodgetech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me and my roomate are debating about a russian fighter jet that went mach 2 with an open canopy. I think its BS but he thinks its legit. Is it possible to go mach 2 without a canopy?

Here's the link http://englishrussia.com/?p=3524

He claims to stuck his finger out at that speed, there's no way. :dontknow:

Last edited:
approx. 1500 m.p.h. with no canopy.

i'm with you, BS

viperhauler said:
that's like...

IF you could stick your hand out of the window....

you could pull a bullet out of the air....

no fkin way...
That was my argument, I cant stick my arm out at 100 and hold it there. He said but the pilot was strapped in, its gotta be BS

GADodgetech said:
Thats basically the same link i posted, Still think its BS. John will know for sure, Or maybe Bone? He's a pilot. :dontknow:

woops i missed the link. i would say bs, due to the extra drag of an open cockpit i would say the plane would not go that fast.

scoobert said:
woops i missed the link. i would say bs, due to the extra drag of an open cockpit i would say the plane would not go that fast.
Wouldnt it create a vacuum in the cockpit and suck him out of there? Thats my thinking.

Imagine that. This thread went downhill before I even got here.

I'm a mechanical engineer, not a aerodynamic engineer, however I do understand some basics of the science.

So with that said, I really doubt this story. Even with the forward windscreen in place, the buffeting would be extremely violent at those speeds.

Then the drag would be such that it probably would not allow the vehicle to attain that speed.

So I will join the rest on the bandwagon that are calling BS on this one.

505'sFastestViper. said:
you are gay brandon!!!!;)

this guy sounds like a closet homo, always accusing everyone else of being gay. why does someone built a truck like his? women don't like pickups... they like Ferrari's.... perhaps he will be cruising for dudes?

scoobert said:
this guy sounds like a closet homo, always accusing everyone else of being gay. why does someone built a truck like his? women don't like pickups... they like Ferrari's.... perhaps he will be cruising for dudes?

LMAO here's another with a man crush on 504 1/2

Silverback said:
Imagine that. This thread went downhill before I even got here.

I'm a mechanical engineer, not a aerodynamic engineer, however I do understand some basics of the science.

So with that said, I really doubt this story. Even with the forward windscreen in place, the buffeting would be extremely violent at those speeds.

Then the drag would be such that it probably would not allow the vehicle to attain that speed.

So I will join the rest on the bandwagon that are calling BS on this one.
Thank you John and everyone else that responded.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back