Question on a Product

I made one or two technical posts on this forum, and I'm sorry to say I cannot help you here :D But I'm sure some braniac will show up soon:rock:

RedRamRules said:
I have seen the valve cover breather, I was wondering if this requires much modification to the valve cover and if this is for both sides. Thanks.

http://www.exoticengine.net/products-page/exotic-engine-development-products/

Just require drilling some holes. Not too much modification. We offer the kit as a "do it yourself" or we can install them on a new set of valve covers for you and send them out ready to install. The install require drilling 4 holes per breather around the outside and 2 large holes in the middle.

And yes they are for both sides.

EED-David said:
Just require drilling some holes. Not too much modification. We offer the kit as a "do it yourself" or we can install them on a new set of valve covers for you and send them out ready to install. The install require drilling 4 holes per breather around the outside and 2 large holes in the middle.

Please explain any differences in benefits there are to guys with forced induction.......(?)

SD

EED-David said:

Thank you David :)

Silent D said:
Please explain any differences in benefits there are to guys with forced induction.......(?)

SD

The benefit of this setup can be realized by both forced induction vehicles and normally aspirated. The big difference will come in how you drive the vehicle. Everyone by now is probably aware of or has heard of the problems with oil getting sucked into the intake either when you are under hard braking or acceleration (probably more of a problem for FI rigs). As I understand it the this creates two problems, 1) the oil deposits in the intake system, across the valves, etc can lead to excessive wear on the engine internals and 2) at the moment when oil is being sucked, there is a surge in the vacuum that actually creates an increased load thus robbing you of power.

This breather kit solves both of those problems by venting any excess oil to a remote catch can that breathes to atmosphere. The catch can mount in a number of places in the truck engine bay and one or two places in the car depending on if it has FI or not.

Here are some pictures from a build that went out this week!
truckengine14.jpg

truckengine15.jpg

More information about this build will be available on our website soon.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back