Question on Clutch...HELP

Stinker said:
If ya want to know if its slipping get going about 50mph down a backroad, put it in 4th or 5th,
push in the clutch rev it to around 4500rpm's or better and just slip you foot off the clutch , sorta like dropping it or you were trying to bark a tire,
it should immediatly drop in rpm's, if it rides the rpms for a few seconds, you are slippin

Thats interesting Tony. I always figured if I am still barking em strong into second the clutch must be ok:dontknow: :burnout: What do you think Tony?

patrick

Since I only have 7000 miles I'm going factory replacement. I figure I'll be good until around 15,000 miles and then I'll go with the CF set-up. I appreciate everyones in-put.
MN:rock:

mauiSRT/10 said:
Thats interesting Tony. I always figured if I am still barking em strong into second the clutch must be ok:dontknow: :burnout: What do you think Tony?

patrick

yeah if she still barks she's fine bro:D

Just pat her on the head every once in awhile and give her a bone:D

What will happen if you are running about 50mph or so in 5th gear and jsut drop it, instead of the rpm's falling like they should it will keep revving up then slowly come down. or the rpm's may not come down at all.

It will not have a positive engagement, the disc will slip easier at high rpms than at low.

dont do it often , only when ya think you're clutch may be bad, because it is hard on a clutch.

but if you think its slipping that is one way to actually tell.

But as long as the ol dog is still talking to ya , she is in good condition:D

:D
Stinker said:
yeah if she still barks she's fine bro:D

Just pat her on the head every once in awhile and give her a bone:D

What will happen if you are running about 50mph or so in 5th gear and jsut drop it, instead of the rpm's falling like they should it will keep revving up then slowly come down. or the rpm's may not come down at all.

It will not have a positive engagement, the disc will slip easier at high rpms than at low.

dont do it often , only when ya think you're clutch may be bad, because it is hard on a clutch.

but if you think its slipping that is one way to actually tell.

But as long as the ol dog is still talking to ya , she is in good condition:D

I guess my clutch is still good, i tried this today and it was fine!:D 29k and the next thing in line is some new tires:D :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back