Questions for the tuner guys.

Streetgliderx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a truck pre tuned by Torrie. I emailed Torrie and he said they were labeled differently than he does. So I'll start my questions and see if anyone is familiar with the names.

My tunes in the SCT are "Race V1 93 oct" "Race V2 93 Oct" and "Tow".

Now I loaded V2 in the truck and on occasion when I just lean into it slow and steady the AFR hits 10.2 for a second then gets back right around 14.3. Also after hard acceleration when I roll out of it it seems like it's Surging hard but with no change in rpms really.

I can't really tell the difference tween V1 and V2. And I haven't even tried tow yet.

Anyone have the same tunes named in their SCT and can tell me what the differences are?

Cant you ask the pre-owner, who sold that guy the SCT ?
Looking at the names of the tunes it sounds like V1R tunes from Scott, but i could be wrong.

Just ask him, you can find him here in the vendors section under Venomous1

With file names like that just make sure your useing 93 octane & nothing less. It's always best to have the the truck put on a dyno to verify the results. That may be the only way to see a difference between the tunes.

Didn't Spud move to Africa?

You can ask Torrie to send you new tunes, if you don't mind canned tunes, or wait for a dyno day and have him dyno tune your truck. Either way, it would get you away from the mystery tunes.

Your truck was originally owned by Tom AKA SpudRacer on the SRT10FORUM

2005 QC Yellow Fever #285 - Dodge Ram SRT-10 Forum

He had 6,854 posts over there that you can comb through to see if you can find the history on your new baby...

Awesome thanks! That is exactly the truck.

Didn't Spud move to Africa?

I do believe so so asking him might be hard to do

give him the name Thomas bunnow, but I don't think torrie is the one that tuned his truck

Who do I need to give this name to?

And I always run non ethanol 93 in everything I own. Even my lawn mower gets high octane!

I was thinkin since the original owner and jtsvp was both in NC I'd get lucky and you would know all about it! Lol

I was thinkin since the original owner and jtsvp was both in NC I'd get lucky and you would know all about it! Lol

im not at the shop boss actually headed to Mississippi, but shoot me an email to [email protected] and remind me and I will look thru his records an see if we sold him the sct , right off I do not buddy, but will gladly look when I return:)

will do man thanks! what part of MS? I live bout 20 minutes out of north MS in AL.

also I got to playing with the SCT and I found under dealer info "unleashed tuning dot com"

And I always run non ethanol 93 in everything I own. Even my lawn mower gets high octane![/QUOTE]

You only need enough octane to keep the engine from pinging or worse detonating. That's the fuel & air charge lighting off prior to the spark plug firing. Anything extra is just a waste of money. Actually found that my X540 tractor was hard to start in the winter using 93 octane fuel. When I switched to regular 87 the problem went away.
At the shop we usually get 2-3 bikes a year that have running issues due to race or aviation fuel being used. The fuel we took out of one bike looked like blue windshield washer fluid.

Down here winters ain't too harsh. Mostly I run the high octane because round here anything less is the 10% ethanol mix and I hate what ethanol does to small engine carburetors.

I bought a truck pre tuned by Torrie. I emailed Torrie and he said they were labeled differently than he does. So I'll start my questions and see if anyone is familiar with the names.

My tunes in the SCT are "Race V1 93 oct" "Race V2 93 Oct" and "Tow".

Now I loaded V2 in the truck and on occasion when I just lean into it slow and steady the AFR hits 10.2 for a second then gets back right around 14.3. Also after hard acceleration when I roll out of it it seems like it's Surging hard but with no change in rpms really.

I can't really tell the difference tween V1 and V2. And I haven't even tried tow yet.

Anyone have the same tunes named in their SCT and can tell me what the differences are?

The "tunes" can be named anything you wish using The "LiveLoad DCX" software on a PC. Looks like simple 93 octane version 1 and version 2 named V1 & V2 respectively.
What you can do is work directly with Torrie via e-mail to get very close on your tunes. You will need to provide him with much required environmental and operating conditions (Just like in a Dyno session). If not, you will get very safe (rich) tunes. So your initial 10.2-1 AFR (WOT?) sounds realistic and VERY safe. The 14.3-1 (WOT? What RPM?) is what I'd be concerned about!!
Do this.... plot your A/F at 1k increments to 5,500 rpm in your 1:1 gear (4th. manual / 3rd. auto) on a safe, secluded open road. Also obtain ALL engine operating and environmental conditions including dew point and Barometric pressure. E-mail it to Torrie so he can make a close educated adjustment to your attached map. Don't forget to fill him in on your modifications. You should get a map back that runs much nicer and closer to a realistic 12:6/7-1 ratio from 2K-5,5K at WOT. Steady state cruise should show a stoichiometric 14.7:1 and hunting.

Good Luck!:)

No sir not my tunes. But definitely log your A/F ratios as mentioned and have Torrie adjust them boss.

My local shop has a dyno I can get on quite easily. If I make a few pulls and get some readout a I can have it tuned along those can't I? And also I'm curious if the local shop is a respectable LS tuning shop can they do much with these trucks? I mean optimal A/F ratio is same but what about timing? Or best left to the folks who are familiar with these engines?

My local shop has a dyno I can get on quite easily. If I make a few pulls and get some readout a I can have it tuned along those can't I? And also I'm curious if the local shop is a respectable LS tuning shop can they do much with these trucks? I mean optimal A/F ratio is same but what about timing? Or best left to the folks who are familiar with these engines?

Possibly, but my personal opinion is stick with someone that knows these engines inside and out.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back