questions on warranty

loper43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey im the third owner of an 04 rc teh extended warranty is good till teh end of the year and another 30000 miles, but i was reading my warranty info and it says that it only covers the 1st subsequent owner and the original which i dont believe is me cuz i am the third owner. now for the bad i blew the motor what exactly is needed to get warranty work done? ive never tried to transfer the warranty into my name its still in the kids name i bought the truck from. do you guys have any idea how these warrantys work?
thanks
jake

Try to get the warranty transferred into your name - ASAP if you can even do that. Before you take it to the dealer. Some warranties are not transferable in which case your SOL. What caused the blow? How bad is it?

Last edited:
well i was in a little accident in it where i tipped it on its side in a snow bank damage was minimal but when we tipped it back over it had 0 oil pressure and was imediatly knocking

loper43 said:
well i was in a little accident in it where i tipped it on its side in a snow bank damage was minimal but when we tipped it back over it had 0 oil pressure and was imediatly knocking

If it was due to an accident, shouldn't your insurance cover it?

thats the thing it was during winter and i only had storage insurance on it and took it for a little joy ride when it happenend

also im pretty good freinds with the kid i bought it from and he is still on the warranty. do you think i could get away with having him turning it in even thoughtthe title is in my name

That is fraud. Don't even think about it. Going to jail (your friend too possibly) is a much bigger cost.

Man up. All you had to do was call your insurance company and get the insurance reinstated before you drove it. By the way the warranty is something that you should have read in detail before you purchased the vehicle...

Kids! Or people who act like kids!

By the way, Chrysler is on the ropes...and you want to rip them off for more money? Maybe you should think about those people who Chrysler is laying off...

Where is your head...

Rant off!

Prof said:
That is fraud. Don't even think about it. Going to jail (your friend too possibly) is a much bigger cost.

Man up. All you had to do was call your insurance company and get the insurance reinstated before you drove it. By the way the warranty is something that you should have read in detail before you purchased the vehicle...

Kids! Or people who act like kids!

By the way, Chrysler is on the ropes...and you want to rip them off for more money? Maybe you should think about those people who Chrysler is laying off...

Where is your head...

Rant off!

What he said...

real hard for me to show care, concern, compassion for they guys that have none & now are really stickin to us with our own money

First you are required to transfer the warranty into your name and pay the $50 transfer fee. But since you blew the motor via an accident which they can see there is no warranty whomevers name it is in. Dont even think about trying to fake the names. Like the others have said, thats fraud and so not worth going to prison for. This is why we always carry insurance. Sorry dude.

patrick

The others are 100% correct and you are starting to sound like a liar and a thief, and insurance fraud is exactly that.

There is Right and Wrong, hopefully you know the difference, if you don't let me explain. This is Wrong. You screwed up. You should be Man enough to admit it and take responsibility. That means you pay for your mistakes and not try to Lie and make some one else pay for your stupidity.

Sorry but why is it my fault and why should I have to pay higher insurance rates because you can't MAN-UP!

Let me get this thread back on to a positive note.

We all look for short cuts...but if you think about the situation you will agree that you need a decision process now. Do you want to keep the truck?

If so what do you want the truck to be?

Once those two questions are answered...we can help in big ways...

We can get you to the best repair people, recommend the least expensive ways to get you back riding...and do all kinds of things that will save you time and money...

We are here to help...and we will do so.

Have you talked to your insurance agent told them the deal ??? maybe you are covered if not then good luck on getting this issue sorted out. If you are going to fix the engine get in touch with some of our vendors here they will be way cheaper than having it at a dealer.

I'll second speaking with your Ins agent. Tell him/her what happened. Let them make the decision to deny or possible they will re-instate previous to the incident. A number of years ago I had an agent make a similar call in my favor for me. THough, mine was a couple hundred not what you are potentially facing. As previously mentioned we are here to help and if need be slap some sense into you! :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back