Qustions/concerns about BMW

wheredwhogo?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at getting a 750Li for a family vehicle, has anybody had any experiences good or bad? Never really looked at BMW's before, so kinda new to me. Thanks guys.

I like the 750i but my i think they try to make it to sporty of a car for a large lux class... i think the mercedes s is a better choice than the bmw in that market.... my opinion is bias but i cant tell you how many bmw owers have traded in 750 for the s class. but the best info i can tell you is TEST DRIVE
take like 10 test drives some dealers will let you do overnight test drives now... You might love a car after 2 miles and hate it after 200.

It's all in the driving man. If you like driving go with the BMW. The engine just seems so much stronger and musical to the ears, especially the 4.8 in the 750. The early 02-03 745l had some electical issues but they are fixed now. If you're buying new that's not an issue. I've driven both and been in both. The BMW, just driving wise, is so much better the looks in the new 750 are also pretty nice too!

I can't talk to the 750, but I have an 05 X5 4.8 and love it. I usually change cars like underwear, but I love this car so much I have had it longer than any car. It's such a joy to drive.

I have driven some Benz's and feel they are made for passengers, great smooth ride. The BMW is made for people that like to drive.

All in all test drive as many cars as you might like and pick the one that gives you the enjoyment you are looking for. A good BMW will give you the head snapping acceleration you get from the STR10.

Good luck and happy driving.

-jeff

Thats basically my point if you want to have more sports car feeling than the bmw is the way to go. but if your going for comfort of the driver and pasengers than the s class.. But in the end its your call to each its own

I kinda disagree with this i think bmw is way behind on the power aspect compared with other euros.. The s550 has 400hp the s600 is at 500 and than you get in to the amgs with the s63 and s65 , the 63 is pushing about 500 hp with the same tq and the 65 is doing 604hp with 730 lb or tq and the 65 is bi turbo so a simple ecm flash than your doing 725hp and over 850 tq...... and by next summer they are coming out with their v8 5.5 twin turbo
with over 550 hp..

Dont get me wrong i love bmws ive had m5 and m3 but on the power issue i think mb has the upper hand

hcetzneb said:
I kinda disagree with this i think bmw is way behind on the power aspect compared with other euros.. The s550 has 400hp the s600 is at 500 and than you get in to the amgs with the s63 and s65 , the 63 is pushing about 500 hp with the same tq and the 65 is doing 604hp with 730 lb or tq and the 65 is bi turbo so a simple ecm flash than your doing 725hp and over 850 tq...... and by next summer they are coming out with their v8 5.5 twin turbo
with over 550 hp..

Dont get me wrong i love bmws ive had m5 and m3 but on the power issue i think mb has the upper hand

MB has the HP thing cornered for sure... but, they also have 7-speed automatics. In my opinion, that is too many gears. It was always "hunting and picking" when I drove a E63 a few months ago. This was in-town driving, and even though you could barely feel the shifts (very smooth) it was still annoying... and I KNOW that can't be wonderful for transmission life. :dontknow: :eek: BMW's 6-speed automatic is quite enough. The 550i that I drove around the same time didn't hunt nearly as much.

But, I am as partial to BMW's as "hcetzneb" (benztech spelled backwards :D ) is to Merc. :p I've had 3 BMWs and including my immediate family, we've had 8 or 9 total. I just love 'em. :itsme:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back