RADIATOR PROBLEM HELP

tone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday radiator fluid was leaking from the overflow line next to the cap, so I replaced the cap, still filling the resevior up with coolant, I also bled the coolant by the thermostat housing, still nothing. The engine is heating up past 200, and it never does that. The upper radiator hose is super hot, as is the radiator. Is it possible the thermostat is not opening, letting the coolant flow in....there is also a clicking noise when the engine is running, sounds like something is clicking on and off. Can it be the thermostat, is there any other things I can check :mad:

Appreciate the input.

if she is an early '05 might check the vibration damper & see if its tight on the crank

tone said:
Vibration damper:dontknow:

just a possibility.

'04's & real early '05's had the possibility to have the damper come loose & at the early stage to spin on the cranks nose

several threads on that subject here

bigredv10 said:
crank balancer

ain't that what i said ?????:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :D

ZCx said:
just a possibility.

'04's & real early '05's had the possibility to have the damper come loose & at the early stage to spin on the cranks nose

several threads on that subject here

But i think he would of noticed the power steering being hard or none at all

hcetzneb said:
But i think he would of noticed the power steering being hard or none at all

yep, possible

could be a possibility of things, but with it running hot, since he allready changed the rad cap, if it was the harmonic balancer, one shouldnotice the belt not moving like it should , plus after it got to a certain point the fan would come on, is the fan kicking on?

I bet the leak around the cap is actually a crack in the overflow hose. If it is just cut about an inch off and reinstall....I have trimmed mine twice due to leaks.......but this should not cause the other problems you described...

I agree ---Check the T-stat first. Easy and cheap to replace.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back