Radio removal

Vtruck

Reaction score
How's it going? Does anyone have a picture of the front part of the dash removed when you are removing the radio? (04 RC) I want to remove the radio so I can install a part I need to add Sirius and am not sure if just the silver part around the radio is removed or if more of the dash is required? I don't want to start pulling on the dash trim and crack it if there are screws or something more holding it on. Thanks for any help you can provide..

RedSRT007,
Thanks for the link... For some reason it won't let me open it.

What is the little star? (I'd say it is Monday but guess that won't work on a Saturday) LOL!

there's only one screw that holds the radio dash cover on, the rest is pop-out clips...... that screw is located below the airbag on/off switch, above the bag hook....... the dash cover is sizeable - from the start button over to the left side of the glove box..... then there's only four more screws that hold the radio in. :)

Moparracing,
Thanks bud.... That is the info I needed. After I remove the screw is there any better place to start pulling the panel from the dash? I don't know if there are any weak or not so good place to start pulling from or if anywhere is fine. Thanks again... I just need to get to the antenna on the radio which should be pretty easy..

Vtruck said:
Moparracing,
Thanks bud.... That is the info I needed. After I remove the screw is there any better place to start pulling the panel from the dash? I don't know if there are any weak or not so good place to start pulling from or if anywhere is fine. Thanks again... I just need to get to the antenna on the radio which should be pretty easy..
it's actually pretty strong, i liken it to removing a door panel..... just start by the start button & work your way around - it's easy. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back