Ram 392 Quick Silver could be the next SRT Ram

I'll wait to see what the real truck looks like, before I decide. I like the idea of 275 tires up front with 305 out back though

Wow, so a mid 14 second SRT truck? They'd better SC it for it to be named SRT8! Challengers are in the high 12s with ALL bolt ons and a bad ass tune. They are fat! A 5000lb truck with the same engine will be a slug:eek:

Wow, so a mid 14 second SRT truck? They'd better SC it for it to be named SRT8! Challengers are in the high 12s with ALL bolt ons and a bad ass tune. They are fat! A 5000lb truck with the same engine will be a slug:eek:

Pretty sure the new 392 Srt's run into the mid 12's stock

The new R/T 5.7L with 390 hp is running on average 13.7- 14.1 N/A bone stock depending on weather. So throw a better platform, more compression, and im sure it will run low 13s easily if not high 12's.

Basically it will do the same the srt10 did but with a smaller motor

Last edited:
This truck will be easy 13s, so easy a caveman could do it. Touch 12s stock, well it will be close. The 4th GEN is a lighter truck than our 3rd GEN and more areodynamic. I would not be shocked at all if stock for stock it edges the 10.

I have my 09 5.7 4x4 RC pulling 5.8 0-60s with very limited changes.

Hey, it only took 7 years, give or take, to "match" the 10. My guess is top end will be limited below the 150 mark, but could be wrong.

But lets remember why the 10 died.... Gas prices, sub 10 city and sticker price. They would have to price this truck, at most, 40K and MPGs similar to the 5.7, which is 13 and 18 on a 4x4, a little better on a 2WD. I honestly think they will keep it sub 40. An R/T is 31-32K. But then again a 392 Chally is upper 40s.. If they do that they may as well not build it.

I would be VERY tempted to buy one as a DD, just have to get over the fact of driving it in the winter vs driving a 4x4.

Here is your stock R/T 13 run

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI2N9WddjNI[/ame]

Attachments

• 020511.1.jpg
    020511.1.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 1,620
  • 052409.2.jpg
    052409.2.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:
I hope they make it. I would love if our trucks are the only ones ever made with a viper engine. I wouldn't even care if these trucks were faster. There is just something about being Viper Powered :D

its the same thing about the reg cab srt10 running 14's. I have seen plenty

Yeah but that is a result of the 6speed vs the auto, like you posted, a lot less driver error with the R/T. I agree times are going to vary but just because 1-2 trucks ran high 13's in great weather doesn't mean they all do. Same goes for the Srt10 some have run 12.7's stock but that's not what most of them will do when you run up on them at a stoplight

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back