Ram head hood emblem?

droptail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the options for replacing the ram head for a Viper?

Big Dodge In Alaska (Kevin) had curved hood emblems made up a while back on a different forum. I don't know if he still offers them. They were designed to fit perfectly where the ram head is on 04-05 SRT-10's.

03COBRA said:
Big Dodge In Alaska (Kevin) had curved hood emblems made up a while back on a different forum. I don't know if he still offers them. They were designed to fit perfectly where the ram head is on 04-05 SRT-10's.
I'v seen two of the curved vipers for the hood. Both did not fit right.:dontknow: Both guys seemed unhappy with them.

I just bought one, (not from BDIA) and am not happy with the fit. I probably won't use it. :(

Then you didn't buy the curved one.... Kevin had a run made awhile back at like $210 each for them. While the piece looked pretty good it certainly wasn't a perfect curvature to the hood. I have one on mine and i'm not 100% pleased with how it turned out but it looks good! Some have heated and bent the flatter OEM units to contour to the hood but for as many guys who have achieved a level of satisfaction going that route we've had 25 guys who've snapped em in half!! :dontknow:
ntw0rk said:
I just bought one, (not from BDIA) and am not happy with the fit. I probably won't use it. :(

It is curved, but there is a significant gap between the bottom edge of the emblem and the hood.

Well I have 2 of the BDIA ones 1 flat and 1 curved.The flat one is nice the curved has the same design but the curve does not contour the hood.What I did was peel off the double stick tape BDIA put on there and put my own on to fill the air gap.

Attachments

• Picture or Video 095.JPG
    Picture or Video 095.JPG
    275.7 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:
I FOUND A COMPANY THAT MAKE A CURVED VIPER HEAD FOR THE HOOD OF THE RAM AND IT FITS PERFECTLY. ALSO THE VIPER HEAD IS MADE SO WELL IT LOOKS OEM THE WEB SITE IS ***** LOOK UNDER PLAQUES SECTION. THEY ALSO TAKE MOPARS OEM FUEL DOOR AND ETCH THE VIPER LOGO ON IT IT LOOKS REALLY NICE!!!!!!!!

QUICKSRT10/SRT8 said:
I FOUND A COMPANY THAT MAKE A CURVED VIPER HEAD FOR THE HOOD OF THE RAM AND IT FITS PERFECTLY. ALSO THE VIPER HEAD IS MADE SO WELL IT LOOKS OEM THE WEB SITE IS ****** LOOK UNDER PLAQUES SECTION. THEY ALSO TAKE MOPARS OEM FUEL DOOR AND ETCH THE VIPER LOGO ON IT IT LOOKS REALLY NICE!!!!!!!!
Would that be the PN: SFHC? How do you know about the fit, any pics?

Droptail, its not a good fit at all. Nowwhat bought two of them last year..........they are not as good as the oem's. Curve is not correct either. Dont buy them.

He posted on the other thread......"viper badges" (I think).

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Droptail, its not a good fit at all. Nowwhat bought two of them last year..........they are not as good as the oem's. Curve is not correct either. Dont buy them.

He posted on the other thread......"viper badges" (I think).

patrick

Removed the link, so members don't purchase with the intention it fits properly.

Thanks

VTCOA Administration

Thanks Patric, its too bad there isn't one. I took off the Ram & Dodge badges while at a show over the weekend. The tailgate Dodge adhesive was very difficult.

droptail said:
Thanks Patric, its too bad there isn't one. I took off the Ram & Dodge badges while at a show over the weekend. The tailgate Dodge adhesive was very difficult.

Yeah, I know...I wish there was one that acually worked also. :burnout:

One other thing, there looks like a recess so it can't be left off without leaving a hole, correct?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back