Ram wont pick up even radio stations overseas, even after swap, PLZ HELP!!

MR 600

Reaction score
Hi all, i need help with a strange problem i ran into.

I own an 06 dodge ram srt10 which I bought from the US and shipped to Dubai, UAE. The US spec radio as you all know only picks up/shows odd numbers for the radio stations (ie.. 99.1, 99.3, 99.5, 99.7 and 99.9 and then skips to 100.1), and will not pick up or even show even station numbers, but the radios sold here pick up all numbers, both odd and even numbers (ie 99.0, 99.1, 99.2, 99.3, 99.4 and so on...) Problem is most stations here are even numbers, so I can’t pick up anything with my radio.
So, i swapped head units with a friend who owns a local spec 07 SRT8 jeep (same head unit as 06 ram srt10), his radio picks up all stations (odd and even). After we swapped units, so now he has my US radio unit, he can’t pick up even numbers, only odd, which is what i figured, but when we installed his local Dubai spec head unit in my US spec SRT10 Ram, it still does not pick up even numbers, only odd, so i am still having the same problem.
I was almost certain this would solve my problem, but nothing has changed. Now both radio head units perform and the same. It seems there is something else besides the head unit that is telling the radio to only pick up odd and not even number stations.

Could you guys please help? is seems like there is something else i need to change or swap out.

Thanks in advance guys :)
PS my srt10 ram radio head unit is the one with the built in 6 CD changer, I also want to keep my car looking original and retail steering wheel controls, so removing it and installing an aftermarket unit is not an option for me.

First, Welcome. I have never heard of a radio problem like that before, But i am sure someone will jump in here soon.

J.R.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back