Ran the 1/8th last night

PaddyOBrian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to the local strip last night ready to see the difference the Stage II made. Well, I ran a best of 8.8 and while that's not bad I ran that with the stock PCM, Paper filter and two slowmaster 40s.

I gues it was hot and sticky but I was still dissapointed none-the-less.

There wer some very nice 370 Stroker Hemi's out. The were impressive. I just thought that I would be running at least an 8.7. Oh well. At least it looks cool! :burnout:

PaddyOBrian said:
hot and sticky
Yeah, not a good combonation.

Did you compare timeslips?
Are your 60' times equal?
Did your MPH increase at all?

Cooler weather will help.

Something definitely wrong there. What did you run with the flash, and who's was it?

put the wing back on and you will run 8.4 and caltracs is a must. With my mods I run 8.3 and 8.4

8.8 without flash, 8.8 with flash.

60 ft. times were similar.

If you had a 60' time slower than 2.0, that could be your problem. You may just need to work on your launch.

lots of factors can come into play with the times. wind, temp, humidity..etc.
what were the track conditions. how was the track prep , your launching, traction, etc?..also what was your mph difference?

FlyingLow said:
You need to lose the flowmasters!!!!!

I got rid of the Flowmasters a long time ago. I did alright with those, though.

PaddyOBrian said:
I got rid of the Flowmasters a long time ago. I did alright with those, though.

Got it!!! Can you post all your numbers (60 foot, time and MPH)?

I had the same thing with my truck, pre and post stage 2 times where the same.

Personally I think they retuned the 06 QC faster to make up for all the extra weight they put on them. So the stage 2 doesn't have the impact it does on the older models.

Just a theory.

Where are you running. Maybe it's at elevation, hence the slow(ish) times. You really need to post a complete run from the 60', 330 and 1/8th to get help here.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back