RB1 vs RB4

dfauerbach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 QC that came with the RB4 Nav with Sat, I was looking for an ipod connector but see there is not one for the RB4 but there is for the RB1. Is this a direct swap out or is there more involved and can the RB1 play DVD's?

thanks so it looks like all i get is the ipod connection and a little better screen for nav, not sure it's worth the 500.00 or 600.00 their getting on ebay for them.

If they are costing that much I don't see why you wouldn't go aftermarket. It will cost a little more in the end, because of install but you'll get twice the features. New ones have hard drives in them so you don't need DVD's for Nav and others have two DVD slots.

Can an aftermarket system be made to work with the steering wheel controls?

SilvrSRT10 said:
Yes.

QUESTION: Do any aftermarket systems match up with UConnect?

who said rb4 wouldn't work with ipod? as far as I know it will, haven't been told otherwise. it has the aux outputs.

Sirius tuner wanted

It looks like the RB4 can take a Sirius Sat adapter. If this is the case is there anyone out there that has a Serius Sat tuner for an RB4 that would like to sell it. I would need the antenna also.

I have the RB4 in the Red 04.

Can some one define what rb1, rb4 and whatever are???
I wanna get an i-pod installed but i'm not sure what i need(pn#s)
I have an 04 rc with the 6 disc indash---rb4 or rb1???

They are Navigation radios/cd player that is an option in our trucks. Actually only the RB4 was available for our trucks. The RB1 is another Nav radio in other Chrysler products but will fit in our trucks as well. Some have already made the change. I think the RB1 can be made to accept an IPOD whereas the RB4 cannot. At least that's the last I've heard.

FerrariTruck said:
Can some one define what rb1, rb4 and whatever are???
I wanna get an i-pod installed but i'm not sure what i need(pn#s)
I have an 04 rc with the 6 disc indash---rb4 or rb1???
Does yours have nav?

If you look on the face of your head unit, you should see the model number. My RB4 is shown on the bottom left corner. From what I've heard, the ipod integration kit WILL work with the RB4, but the songs won't show up on the head unit screen. The songs show up on the RB1 units though...

I will be attempting to install the mopar ipod kit soon and will verify this with hopefully a pretty complete how-to writeup.

Chingon said:
From what I've heard, the ipod integration kit WILL work with the RB4, but the songs won't show up on the head unit screen.
That's okay. The f-ing clock won't show up on the main screen either.

$50,000 vehicle and it doesn't have a clock.
Amazing.

Kevan said:
Yes.

QUESTION: Do any aftermarket systems match up with UConnect?

I am also curious about the UConnect..... It'd be a shame to have that fancy little button on the rear-view mirror that doesn't DO anything. :D ;)

Black1 said:
I am also curious about the UConnect..... It'd be a shame to have that fancy little button on the rear-view mirror that doesn't DO anything. :D ;)

Connect it so that everytime you push it, you get a 3d hologram chick dancing on your dash.

SilvrSRT10 said:

My aftermarket system works with my steering wheel controls. I think the brand for the device is SWIX or something like that. Your local audio shop should be able to tell you for sure.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back