Re-paint brake caliper

what he said, only other caliper paint ive seen is brush on.

I used red caliper paint from Brembo Brakes and I've also used red caliper paint from Pepboys. As long as the paint has a ceramic additive, it will hold up well. Powdercoating is viable as long as you want to take them off the truck and take them apart and thern reassemble them. Alot of work for something visual

Duplicolor brake paint at Autozone. $16.95 and it has really held up well.

DRamSrt10 said:
Which do you think is the better? I kind of like the eastwoodco.com better.

I didn't look at the first link from tirerack until now. It is actually the exact same kit that I ordered from Eastwood. I remember a "G2" sticker was included with my kit. :p

i used the duplicolor on the calipers on my challenger and it looks nice.

has anyone ever tried the vht high heat engine enamel?i painted the heads on my big block and even around the exhaust ports still has not burned off.:dontknow: i dont think our calipers get near that hot.

DRamSrt10 said:
Does it include gloss finish or what? :dontknow:

Im not 100% sure - i havnt used it yet - i just got it for touch ups - the original isnt that glossy anyways....

kalani said:
Im not 100% sure - i havnt used it yet - i just got it for touch ups - the original isnt that glossy anyways....

Good point. I want to have it as glossy. But I don't know what to do yet.

Last edited:
DRamSrt10 said:
Good point. I would like to have it that glossy. But I don't know what to do yet.
My calipers have the original paint on them. All I did was clean them real well and coated them with Rustoleum Crystal Clear paint. All I had was spray in the shop so I just sprayed it in the cap and used a brush to apply. It brought back the color and made them glossy. I've got lots of miles on it and they still look great.

Last edited:
SilvrSRT10 said:
My calipers have the original paint on them. All I did was clean them real well and coated them with Rustoleum Crystal Clear paint. All I had was spray in the shop so I just sprayed it in the cap and used a brush to apply. It brought back the color and made them glossy. I've got lots of miles on it and they still look great.

That is excatly what I want to have my calipers look like that too. :rock:

I think when I get back from evansville this spring I am going to have JMB powdercoat my brake calipers:D when I get my brakes done with some unnoisy flippin brake pads:confused:.

dilly03 said:
I didn't look at the first link from tirerack until now. It is actually the exact same kit that I ordered from Eastwood. I remember a "G2" sticker was included with my kit. :p

If it is the exact same kit to tirerack and eastwood. Then I am going with the tirerack so i can save $1. :D :p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back