Rear Axle Shock

daking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm adding a Dana 60 from an SRT RAM.

I want to implement the "kicker" shock that connects to the diff cover and frame.

I'm wondering if someone can take the time and measure the distance, bolt to bolt. I also need the model # of the shock. And Finally, If someone can post a few pictures of where and how the shock attaches to the frame.

Thanks man.

FATJACK said:
Put some Cal-Tracs on it then you don't need the shock.

Yea, I'm going to have custom "Arms" made too. My current setup is a 9-3/4 with a single "Central" mounted torque arm. The hard 4_Low launches are breaking the welds on this set up.

My goal is to control wheel hop, with out sacrificing ground clearance or Axle articulation.

stanssrt10 said:
got the shock and frame bracket if needed

PM sent.

Is there a reason you have an extra set? is there an "up grade" for the SRT axle? and these are left over from that upgrade.

Thanks

daking said:
PM sent.

Is there a reason you have an extra set? is there an "up grade" for the SRT axle? and these are left over from that upgrade.

Thanks
the problem with the rear axle out of the srt ram daking is the spider gears, before you install the axle do two things, one have the spider gears cryoed, then weld up the axle housing, that will prevent alot
but we upgraded and built a new complete axle that replaces the oem one
the oem one there is no aftermarket for a posi unit like the trutrac or locker, so you have to go to a new housing

now if you wnt a realy tough housing , we can get with DTS and build you basically whatever you want bro, I mean full tilt and hardcore.

but either trac arms like you are talkign to the middle of the frame rail, or cal tracs, both would work fine, but if you go with those, the center shock wouldnt be needed as much

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back