Rear End Dana60

daking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey all,,

I've Got a DANA60 from an SRT10 RAM that I'm going to put under my 4X4 Hemi.

I have not seen the axle yet, its in another state.

I know the diff cover has some kind of mount on it to control wheel hop, I think..

can any post some pictures of what stock setup looks like.

also what modifications are there for this axle?

Thanks

Honestly your better off rebuilding your stock rearend with the cash you would spend on a 10 rearend. Because there are no after market anything as far as locker wise.

My 9.25 is rebuilt already. 4:56 gears Detroit True Track, new bearings. I suppose I could up grade the axle shafts.

I have a custom torque arm on the axle the prevent wheel hop, and still allow full articulation during off-road use.

My concern is I have plans to put on some paddle tires for sand drags, and that will put a load on the axle. I would think the Dana 60 shafts are a bit beefer then the 9.25's.

FerrariTruck said:
if the axle is from a qc srt 10 it will be a straight bolt in deal into your truck..

The axle is installed in a DODGE RAM 1500 4X2 QC, it already has the breaks installed and everything. Should be mostly a direct bolt in, except for the drive shaft. I'll need a custom shaft or shorten my current one.

The truck that the Dana 60 is in, belongs to a buddy of mine. it just got in a wreck and is totaled.

yellowfever#154 said:
Are you talking about my post?
yessir, no lockers or reg dana stuff fit in our axles with the c clips, we work direct with mike rossales at dts , he is the one that developed the new axle set up

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
yessir, no lockers or reg dana stuff fit in our axles with the c clips, we work direct with mike rossales at dts , he is the one that developed the new axle set up

Ok, I didnt realize ours was a one off. I figured a Dana 60 was a Dana 60.

no sir, if they made a c clip kit it wouldnt be a problem but with the way dodge designed the rear axle nothing will swap over, thats why we had to do a new housing of the older 60, you can do a 9 inch also, but we did the 60 as to keep somewhat close to the oem axles look

dana did make two if not mistaken lockers, for the srt10, then someeone bought the company decided it wasnt worth the effort, and ditched the project, that is according to fsjtack, and DTS, as far as I know at this moment there is no replacement lockers for the stock srt10 rear axle setup due to the c clips

Ours is a Hybrid Dana 60.

One other thing to the OP.... you mentioned paddle tires. What size rims go with those? You can get a 17" wheel over the stock brakes but that's about it. I know that bigger rims have become popular in the off-road world but the only paddle tires I've ever seen went on a 15" rim. It's not impossible to change the brakes but it will be custom and pricey.

For what you are trying to do you will be MUCH better off getting a complete axle from JTS Venom. You can do any locker, even a spool, any gearing, and brakes that allow you to run a 15" rim.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back