rear end

Ironhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone have a picture of say caltrac or wheve it is call ,,,reason,i bought my truck use 12000 on it and it looks like it has a traction bar on it ,,there is a large rubber stopper on each end of the leaf springs that are facing toward the cab

I also have the rubber stopper on the end of my leaf springs. I dont have any traction system yet. on the 06's there is a shock from the top of the rear axle to the frame(i think) and its almost level with the ground, just above the axel. i will get some pics and post them after work if it will help

What you are describing is stock on a regular cab.

It is the factory traction bar set up.

Caltracs work much better..................

caltracs for sure, and then throw on some of justins clamps. thats what I had and it worked great for me.

I think the best set up is caltracs, with justins stage 3 setup

I AM NOT TRYING TO HO A THREAD!!!! I just feel I should ask now, and not start a new thread:dontknow: What do the caltrac's do for improvement? Do they allow a higher RPM launch for drag runs, how do they feel under normal highway conditions? What about road racing?
Please delete if you feel I ho'ed this. I did not mean to:eek:

I just installed mine so I can only answer part of your questions here. On the road, I cant tell they are there, truck feels kinda the same. At the track they are supposed to give you better 60 ft times. When you do get tire spin, they are supposed to keep you going straight. I have not been to the track with them yet.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
I just installed mine so I can only answer part of your questions here. On the road, I cant tell they are there, truck feels kinda the same. At the track they are supposed to give you better 60 ft times. When you do get tire spin, they are supposed to keep you going straight. I have not been to the track with them yet.

patrick
helps eliminate wheel hop too.........:)

thanks for info crawled under it today and there is bilstein shocks on all fours and the one on top of the axel housing

Last edited:
05 quad cab

Do da Caltracs look an work da same way on a quad cab. Thanks Sammy

Ironhead said:
thanks for info crawled under it today and there is bielstein shocks on all fours and the one on top of the axel housing

If you go with the Caltracs you can lose the shock that is attached to the differential cover.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back