Rear lowering kit question

Newfie-SRT-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I wanna lower the rear of my truck to make it sit level

Never any extra weight in the truck. And I can't do front and rear because I scrape my front bumper as it is now. Bad roads in my area.

Am I looking for a 2" or 1.5" or 3" anyone have any input and also I don't want to flip axle unless I can make it level like that but don't want to go any lower in front

Who makes this on here?

1 3/4 inch blocks levels a RC perfectly, did mine, came out great, JTSVP has them. Looks like you have a QC, rear lowering shackles are needed, can't use blocks as far as I know.

I used lowering shackles and removed the overload spring.....stock height in the front and I am level front to back..

CAM00529.jpg

Yeah, you probably just want shackles in the back. Belltech also makes a set.

Questions:
Does the overload spring need to be removed when installing shackles?
Does the overload spring need to be removed when installing Cal-tracs?

Shackles don't do much for lowering a QC. You may get an inch if you're lucky. Removing the " overload" spring??? We don't have an overload spring that I know, just 3 leaf springs. Now a RC has an overload/slapped bar and more leaves but removing a leaf from a QC pack is making the weight capacity/spring wrap issue even worse.

I put Tony's 1 3/4" blocks on my RC they are perfect. I also installed caltracs at same time, the truck sits real nice and hooks up better also stays straighter. You can see a picture of it in the Yellow Fever Registry thread last page #43.

What size drop did you get?

I have an '05 so I can only speak about them, before starting my drop I measured the wheel well height and I think I was about 3 to 3 1/2 inches higher in the back :)dontknow:don't remember exactly) . The 2" drop shackles that you see advertised only gave me about 1 3/4 inches after I finished installing and it still looked too high for my liking.

Their is an overload spring on our trucks (or a short spring, or whatever you want to call it) and it can be removed to lower your ride another 3/4 inch or so...I did have to grind down the guide pin a little to reinstall the U-bolt mount bracket ( it wouldn't sit flush) but I left enough meat on the pin that if I ever did reinstall the spring it would not free float.
No...you do not have to remove any springs for the drop shackles or traction bars.....and yes, I know, 1 3/4 + 3/4 does not = 3 to 3 1/2 but the combination of the two sit me level. :D

Just measured mine and I got 6.5" gap in the back and 4.5" in front so if the shackles give me 1.75" I'll be happy with that. My numbers may be different than others because I'm running a 24" wheel.

Thanks guys

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back