Rear Sliding Glass

uberfast_SRT10

Reaction score
I'm going to put on my VTCA emblem tomorrow. Is there an easy way to remove the rear slider to put it on? I have an A.R.E cover so access is limited from the back.

NO! The back glass in these trucks are a mother f'kr to get out without damaging the unit or the truck. Don't ever think about doing it, I know of what I speek.

Bill.

Begood said:
NO! The back glass in these trucks are a mother f'kr to get out without damaging the unit or the truck. Don't ever think about doing it, I know of what I speek.

Bill.

Was beer involved?:confused: :dontknow: ;) :D

Unfortunatly no. I work in the auto glass industry, and the back glass in our trucks is a real Muthaf'kr to get out. Do yourself a favor, don't mess with it.

Bill.

I still wish the rear glass was electric. With the amount these trucks costed, you would think they could have included that little feature. If not, at least electric retracting side mirrors.:hmpf:

When we did the lexan back window in my truck we hired a pro to remove the glass. Even the best glass guy really had reservations and would not guarantee glass the glass or the finish around it. He really did not want to do it.

They are a real pita.

Venom Power said:
I still wish the rear glass was electric. With the amount these trucks costed, you would think they could have included that little feature. If not, at least electric retracting side mirrors.:hmpf:

Mopar sells it for our trucks, maybe they thought of it in 06. Only problem is...the glass that is powered is small.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back