Recall problems ? Help help

coachv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had an air bag replaced under factory recall last week. I did not drive the truck until yesterday and the dash looks like it is about an inch further out than it was originally . What is worse is the air conditioner is blowing wide open and a trickle of air is coming out. The dealer screwed up my dash and now they say it is no longer made. Where can I find a dash?

The dashes should be available, I can look for you tomorrow... lot of people are going to be seeing this problem. When we start to do this recall (sometime after the summer rush) customers will be signing a disclaimer that were are not responsible for damage to the dash. These dashes are known to crack and get very brittle over time. We're not going to be held responsible on something breaking on a 10,11,12 year old vehicle just because we have to remove it. It Sucks!!! I certainly feel for the customer

Your AC blower issue is easy. It's the recirculating door that switches from fresh air to circulating air and it's broken. They are very brittle and fall off jamming entire airway. Remove 3 screws holding blower under dash. Remove blower, reach inside ductwork and feel for door blocking part. Grab door and break in half/pieces easily with one hand and remove. You'll have full speed air again without the noise. Fixed many of these, although obviously the correct fix woud entail removing dash and replacing door and actuator.
Nice to hear recalled bags are finally available but I think I'll leave mine be ;)

why take the dash out for an air bag in the steering wheel, oh wait, the pass bag doesn't just pop out?? guess i will be only changing the drivers bag…...:dontknow:

That really sucks. I see the dealers point on the age, but if I bring my near perfect condition, low mileage vehicle in for a recall and I get it back busted.... I would be very pissed.

nothing is near perfect on a 10 plus year old vehicle/ it may be in excellent/good condition but age is hard on a vehicle just like mileage, but I understand your point.

I guess you are right about condition... but you also got my point :)

The dashes should be available, I can look for you tomorrow... lot of people are going to be seeing this problem. When we start to do this recall (sometime after the summer rush) customers will be signing a disclaimer that were are not responsible for damage to the dash. These dashes are known to crack and get very brittle over time. We're not going to be held responsible on something breaking on a 10,11,12 year old vehicle just because we have to remove it. It Sucks!!! I certainly feel for the customer

Not meaning to be crappy but yes sir, it is the dealers problem. They sold something that potentially can kill the driver and a lousy dash is gonna stop them from doing the right thing. Is it any wonder America is so messed up. "Not my fault I sold you a bad part, caveat emptor---buyer be ware." You wonder why folks hire shyster lawyers to file a class action suits. Look how many people had to die before Government Motors was forces to do the right thing. And we all know that Dodge, as well as the rest of the manufactures, are gonna get reimbursed from the firm that built the bad air bag.

I'm not shooting the messenger. But if that is your dealer's policy, that is bullshit.

Dodge assembled the truck with a defective airbag. 12 years later they say so and want the customer to come in for adjustment of said bad part. That includes whatever it takes to replace said part.

If I came into your dealer with an A/C door broken they would certainly pull my dash out to repair it and promptly charge me about 2 grand or more in labor on a $20 part. Same goes for the bag, except it is Mother Mopars dime.

if the *** company knew it was a faulty part and let it go. does that mean the auto maker knew it was faulty???

from what i have heard and read so far, "they" knew it was faulty, but had to make that all mighty dollar.

my feelins are if the dash breaks doing the recall, customer should get a new dash and charge it back to the air bag fockers:rock::rock::rock:

I am sure the dealer is getting paid by the company for the fix. Molar connect I was told that the dash was not made anymore . I don't know but they can fix it or small claims court. My family has bought several cars from them.

Dropped it off at the dealer today. They told me the drivers air bag will be on recall when they get the parts in. I don't know what there going to do but I want it fixed so they said they would call.

If the dash breaks and it is due to making the recall repair a new dash should be made along with the Airbag as part of the repair procedure. And we wonder why we see so many BMW's and Mercedes vehicles these days!

I'm worried that our dealers (a) won't have the parts here in Australia.
(B) won't have any knowledge of our trucks and they will break something.
I'm confident if they did they would try and get out of fixing it.
I might just leave it how it is.

If the chinese will figure out that our dashes crack during the recall, they will produce a copy within the next 48 hours :D

2 days no calls no truck. Must be having a hard time or just ain't working on it.

I with you Scott, I will just leave mine alone. Don't need to make it any worse than it already is.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back