Recon headlight HID conversion

Humblex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought these Recon headlights specifically to convert into HIDs. The housing has a no HID sticker but, I'm using Phillips HIDs 35 watt H13. I went ahead and bought warning cancelers just in case, might just install them before finding out if I need them.
BTW, I had to drill them out to fit the HID bulbs. Then I realized that metal shavings were getting into the headlight housing. My next step was to bake the headlight at 225 for 8 minutes then scrape as much silicone off the edge that I could. Had to repeat this step like 3 times but finally it came apart with no melting of any kind. You have to slowly work your way around the housing with a butter knife or whatever you chose. Please be careful to not pry to hard or you might break something.

Attachments

• Item 1.JPG
    Item 1.JPG
    245.6 KB · Views: 199
  • Item 8.JPG
    Item 8.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Item 10.JPG
    Item 10.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 316
I also had to use a can of air to blow out all the shavings before resealing them. The pic of a non drilled headlight is the passenger side, I have only drilled the driver side at this point. I will be doing this part this weekend. I move slow. LOL :slug:

Attachments

• Item 6.JPG
    Item 6.JPG
    232.7 KB · Views: 403
  • Item 5.JPG
    Item 5.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 165
  • Item 4.JPG
    Item 4.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 194
More pics

Attachments

• Item 2.JPG
    Item 2.JPG
    209.3 KB · Views: 237
  • Item 3.JPG
    Item 3.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 329
  • Item 9.JPG
    Item 9.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 129
looks good, iv got a NR and a HID conversion kit. still have not decided if im guna tint the hedlights or go with the lights u bought. deffinatly need to get them darker, like black.

so i will be following this thread, closely.

good luck, and i like lots of pics:D, so keep em coming

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back