Remote Start

I don't get it, how can you remote start a RC if the clutch has to be disengaged? Sounds cool though but I'm not sure why you'd need it, cool factor I guess. I actually enjoy pushing the big red start engine button. :) Best of luck, sounds interesting........

well i live in vegas and my truck is black... its about 110-118 everyday... and the previous owner already has the clutch bypassed for some reason... so i always leave it in neutral and set the ebrake every time...

I have one,but a QC,I'm using a remote start/alarm system,I firmly believe in warming up a motor before using it,like JT said,when its hot out its nice to start it for a few minutes without the keys in the ignition(does't drive away on its own that way) and jump in then its nice and cool inside or when its a little cooler out to have a little warm air in there on the leather seats when your ready to go.

Oh OK, cool. Yup, warm up any car no matter than year, make or model for a good 2-3 minutes, it's like stretching before you run, you gotta do it. Let us know how you get on.

yeah i got the Viper 5900 alarm/ remote start system... i have had the alarm hooked up for 6 months but they didnt want to hook the remote start up... i was getting a window tinted for a crane that i operate and asked if the would hook up the remote start and they said yeah for $130... so i took it to them saturday and for so reason the guys wiring diagram wasnt showing the same wires... so they put everything back togather and said we would have to do some research and to bring it back monday morning... thats why i was wondering if anybody knew where to find a diagram

I posted a wiring diag for this beast a year or 2 ago .. check my posts..ill try to find it

be careful it took 2 days for my guy to do mine something about voitage he finlly got it really not worth the all the drama.

bgdawg said:
be careful it took 2 days for my guy to do mine something about voitage he finlly got it really not worth the all the drama.

Yikes! I had mine dropped off and picked up done in less then 6hrs,all connections soldiered and shrink wrapped,That was last Nov. and never a prob. Well worth the time and money.:rock:

Very nice smoke!

Saw a silver QC yesterday and almost thought it was you. :(

Can't wait to see your truck!

I know the system I use in my 2007 Ram interfaces with the CANBUS, and DOES NOT require an extra key for the remote start... there are very few systems that work well with manual trannies...

The one I have is expensive... but was well worth it do to how it integrated with the OEM electronics....

http://www.compustar.com/products/2W900FMR.htm

Installed mine was about $695.00 (alarm, remote pager, remote start)

Remote start with a manual tranny is just not smart... What happens when you accidently leave it in gear?

BigRed460 said:
Remote start with a manual tranny is just not smart... What happens when you accidently leave it in gear?

I know the system I have knows when its in gear, and will not start unless its in nuetral, and the e-brake is set....

amtrucker22 said:
Very nice smoke!

Saw a silver QC yesterday and almost thought it was you. :(

Can't wait to see your truck!

I saw a silver QC last Wed in P-cola and yesterday I saw another silver QC for sale in a parking lot out here in Milton.

azpyroguy said:
I know the system I have knows when its in gear, and will not start unless its in nuetral, and the e-brake is set....

How does it know what gear your in?

azpyroguy said:
I know the system I use in my 2007 Ram interfaces with the CANBUS, and DOES NOT require an extra key for the remote start... there are very few systems that work well with manual trannies...

The one I have is expensive... but was well worth it do to how it integrated with the OEM electronics....

http://www.compustar.com/products/2W900FMR.htm

Installed mine was about $695.00 (alarm, remote pager, remote start)

Excellent system,same one I am using!:rock:
Its knows when its in gear by my undersatanding is there is a laser alignment and if in gear it breaks the beam and tells the brain that and it will not alow it to activate the starter.
Very well made system and great range upto a mile,It tells you on the remote if your in range to start and when it starts,a countdown timer to tell you how long it will run for before shutting off,tells you if vehicle gets broken into,which door,hood, or glass,its a very kewl system!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back