Remove hood scoop grill/front grill??

mr.srt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sesrched and didnt find any, how do i remove the hood scoop grill?
Im not talking about the entire scoop but just the black grill insert.

Looked at it and dont understand squat.

Same with the front grill, how to remove?
Seems to me i have to brake the plastic pop things and buy new ones..?

On the back, this is 4 (if I remember right) studs and nuts. had to tighten mine back up way back when

The grill is held by mini rivets and they are metal. Use a small punch and they pop right off and you can re use them.

I think he's talking about the one on the hood (upper)

oops....

I failed to read.... all of it

The grill is held by mini rivets and they are metal. Use a small punch and they pop right off and you can re use them.

Yup. Just take your time and bend them out carefully. :) Been a while since I did mine but I believe the "teeth" or "diamonds" in the mesh around the edges contained a few of those rivets. I removed the OEM "teeth" as they were an eye sore in my opinion. I like my stuff clean. Less is more. ;) However, in removing the teeth, I removed the rivet locations in some spots (top 3) so I used 4 larger pins to hold mine in place as well as left a 1/4 of the top 3 rivet spots to act as mini braces, they can't be seen from the front. I left the bottom two half sized teeth bits in as without them, it would be too weak and probably blow out at high speed. Very solid. I wish I had taken a "before" photo but it's much cleaner now and more air in/out of the bay. Every little bit helps!

ScoopVent1.JPG

ScoopVent2.JPG

Last edited:
I want to pull my scoop bezel out and paint it flat black. I also need to figure a way out to secure it better and tighter to the hood. 2/4 pins are broken undernearth.

Yup. Just take your time and bend them out carefully. :) Been a while since I did mine but I believe the "teeth" or "diamonds" in the mesh around the edges contained a few of those rivets. I removed the OEM "teeth" as they were an eye sore in my opinion. I like my stuff clean. Less is more. ;) However, in removing the teeth, I removed the rivet locations in some spots (top 3) so I used 4 larger pins to hold mine in place as well as left a 1/4 of the top 3 rivet spots to act as mini braces, they can't be seen from the front. I left the bottom two half sized teeth bits in as without them, it would be too weak and probably blow out at high speed. Very solid. I wish I had taken a "before" photo but it's much cleaner now and more air in/out of the bay. Every little bit helps!

ScoopVent1.JPG

ScoopVent2.JPG
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I just lost this piece off of my hood today and I desperately need a replacement for it. Where can I find one and how much do they usually go for? I dont want to head to the Dodge dealership, as Im afraid of how much this thing will cost me.

Am I reading it right? 300 dollars for that plastic scoop?

Yes the scoop insert is expensive.
I was thinking $200 but it may actually be $300

Goto Auto Parts - Parts.com, For Every Part of Your Life and order it from there. Ironically I just bought one because one of the studs broke that the nuts go on. Anyway, with shipping, which was $34.82, the total was $268.96. Before shipping the cost was $232.14. These are Mopar parts by the way.

YL23TZZAB Hood Bezel (Scoop)
5029770AA Nuts that hold scoop in, need 4 if you're replacing them
5179728AA Clip used to secure scoop, 4 come with the scoop

Am I reading it right? 300 dollars for that plastic scoop?

Sorry, I responded to the wrong person. See my post above this one for the price and part numbers needed for to replace your scoop. If you resuse everything, assuming they are not lost or broken, you should be fine just ordering the scoop. But since the are about .70 cents per clip I splurged for new ones.

Sorry, I responded to the wrong person. See my post above this one for the price and part numbers needed for to replace your scoop. If you resuse everything, assuming they are not lost or broken, you should be fine just ordering the scoop. But since the are about .70 cents per clip I splurged for new ones.

It didnt come painted, did it?

No it is not painted. Comes in flat black, scuffed and ready for primer and paint.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back