Removing 2 cats?

xtreme2424

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a search but found nothing.

I was wondering if I would need sims if I did some testing with just removing the 2 rear cats for now while debating on which headers I am going with?

I want better sound and want to drop the truck first before I do any more money performance upgrades.

Thanks

I think we talked about this before. If you delete the rear cats you do not need sims and it will not throw a code either. I'm going to get this set up next month and thinking of going with Belanger Lt's also.

But why? Delete all cats or don't.

Why would you even consider just deleting the two rear cats?

What does it gain...nothing except that you are now in violation of emission standards...there is no significant increase in performance, there is some change in sound but not much...

Why?

Prof said:
But why? Delete all cats or don't.

Why would you even consider just deleting the two rear cats?

What does it gain...nothing except that you are now in violation of emission standards...there is no significant increase in performance, there is some change in sound but not much...

Why?

Good point. Damn it I am just gonna order the catless mids from Roe and be done with it. I think I read it will hook to stock manifolds or the headers.

I always end up dicking around and it always cost me more in the end.LOL
Thanks for your input.:D

Prof with all due respect Everyone in here has broken the law I guess. (catless mids, Nitrous, Straight pipes) I talked to a local cop I know and he said If you don't have a muffler than they will give you a fixing ticket. we are all getting away with cats and when its time to smog we get our hook up and pass. I love all the mos we do:rock:

Absolutely agree Annu. Your point is spot on. My point was (probably not well presented) if you are going to mod the cats, why just do the back ones? They are the least restrictive...if you decide that you want the benefits of cat deletion, just do it. Deleting the back two is a waste of time and money.

xtreme2424 said:
Good point. Damn it I am just gonna order the catless mids from Roe and be done with it. I think I read it will hook to stock manifolds or the headers.

I always end up dicking around and it always cost me more in the end.LOL
Thanks for your input.:D

if you go with removing the back 2 cats, you do not need sims....... i did it on my truck over a year ago, sounds better, less back pressure is always good...... if you decide to go catless mids, you will need sims (either mechanical or electrical) for the 2 rear o2 sensors....... electrical are more expensive (see roe site) & mechanical ones (which i'm doing on my b&b complete exhaust) can be done cheaper yet if you do it yourself..... see the 2 attached links :

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=229959&hl=simulator

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=DOR&MfrPartNumber=42002

Thanks yellow fever^ Good reading there and you answered my? I do not have smog here so I am going to order the no cat mids today.

If you are going to do long tube headers, you better wait on the catless mids. The mids the hook up to stock manifolds and shorty headers are different than the mids for long tubes.

You need to know in advance which headers you are going to use and plan accordingly.;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back