Removing the rear cats cause the "popping"?

VENOMOUS1 said:
You just wait til that ECM arrives in your hands! She'll spin deep into second. I always tell people it's not the tranny slippin', it's the tires.:D

Yeah I can't wait. Guy that does my work has a new SRT-8 with a procharger. We were doing some burnouts for the guys. Then I saw him again at the tire shop(our tires are too big for the machine at his shop), and did some burnouts for those guys. Few days ago some idiot tattoo artist bet him a tattoo that he couldn't lay a 100ft black strip. ROFL, he's got 525rwhp. He's getting a free tattoo. :rock:

VENOMOUS1 said:
;)

Exactly, yes I coulda mentioned that the exhaust isn't what makes it pop but can control the amount.
All cars have this programmed into their decel programming, but most cars DONT use a tube style, straight thru design muffler. Factory, you'll notice the truck doesn't do it audibly at all. Once you remove the cats it dosen't do it, removing the resonator doesn't do it. But once you slap your Magnajunk on there it starts a popping. Use of a chambered style muffler changes this dramatically. But if you take the muffler off about any car and replace it with a thrush, glasspack, bullitt, or magnaflow style straight thru design it'll have the decel popping. Catalytic converters do take alot of this popping away due to burning the leftover gas and catalyzing it. Even now with my Mac 3' chambered mufflers there is little popping at all. EVERY magnaflow,Dynomax bullit, or any straight thru design will amplify the popping 100 fold.

Imagine a ricer car that was quiet as all get out till rice boy got an extra $200 for a fart can to add on his car minus his muffler. BAM!!! You have instant popping and ESCPECIALLY decel popping these lil focker love.
For all you real redneck out there remember ( unless you still have the damn thing) the days of an 77' Chevy Silverado with a 350 and true dual 2" pipe and what muffler? You had the most poppinest cracklin', ride thru town in first gear, waking deaf people, ride of rides out there. I literally use to want to shove tennis balls in every redneck around's pipes to shut that tarded ass sounding trucks up.:mad:

You would probably hate my truck then, jmb catless mids into 3" pipes into 2 flowmaster 10 series race mufflers. I think it sounds amazing it dose pop but not too much actually. Surprisingly quieter then i though it would be as well.

With the MBRP single there was no pop. I've got a dyno video for prof. Thats with the front (restrictive cats gutted) for the short time the read cats were out it didn't pop.

With the magnaflow it pops, and with all the other exhaust's i've had it always poped.

I'd say the MBRP is a POP-Less exhaust, looks and sounds good too!

phunny said:
Yeah I can't wait. Guy that does my work has a new SRT-8 with a procharger. We were doing some burnouts for the guys. Then I saw him again at the tire shop(our tires are too big for the machine at his shop), and did some burnouts for those guys. Few days ago some idiot tattoo artist bet him a tattoo that he couldn't lay a 100ft black strip. ROFL, he's got 525rwhp. He's getting a free tattoo. :rock:

is it a superbee with a F1 procharger by FRI?

Django said:
Take the rear ones out, too.... Then install a Borla cat back...

D

Yup, no popping here! I just put Justin's mid-pipe in and with the Borla cat back it sounds great!

GADodgetech said:
A 08 b5 blue charger super bee edition, with a supercharger is what he is referring too ;)

Yeah thats what i'm talking about, There was a really mean one at FRI i think it was the first SRT with a F1 procharger.

He installed the pro charger. It looks so stock its sick. It's like a burnt orange color with some 20'' deep dish crome rims. It's also an auto.

-charlie

They are all autos, Mine i love the procharger sound. There was a BIG F1 installed on a 426 superbee. What a sound and what a car.

Update on my new exhaust. The Dumped flows pop less (i use to call it backing off the pipes) then the Magnaflows did with the tail pipe on.... And sound sick, with minimal resonation. On a Dry rev there is almost no pop. and on decel there is a really nice burble.

Sounds great.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back