Replace Borla muffler with ??

vpr hler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after driving the truck with ALL windows open and listening to the exhaust at low rpm, not quite happy with the sound. At full throttle, great. But not to often doing the full throttle. Any one changed the muffler for a better sounding one. ie. flowmaster, magnaflow?? any sound clips??

vpr hler said:
after driving the truck with ALL windows open and listening to the exhaust at low rpm, not quite happy with the sound. At full throttle, great. But not to often doing the full throttle. Any one changed the muffler for a better sounding one. ie. flowmaster, magnaflow?? any sound clips??

The Borla muffler is fine...... Just yank out the cats......

You'll love it.......

D

vpr hler said:
try this :

http://www.bbexhaust.com/truck/srt10/

i have that system too... just pm me what you're looking for... i do the best deal i can

mauiSRT/10 said:
Your in Canada, can you yank out the cats? If not....I love my magnaflow, sound got even better when I got rid of the cats. patrick

Nothing against any of our feline members..... We still dig most'a the pussy out there...

D

mauiSRT/10 said:
Your in Canada, can you yank out the cats? If not....I love my magnaflow, sound got even better when I got rid of the cats.

patrick

According to his sig,the cats are already gone.I love my magnaflow too. Have my cats in.Still love it.Daily driver,want to keep the sound down just a little.
She purrrr's @ 80!:rock:

vpr hler said:
I do not have the cats. Still looking to hear more of the regular cab sound at mid throttle??
My Magnaflows are loud through almost all stages of throttle and I still have my cats. If you are looking to only have a deep sound under full throttle you probably will not want flows in my opinion.

One other option is to add sound deadening material (like dynamat) to the interior of the truck. Will not help as much with the windows open but it will help!

Paul

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back