Resonator?

VPRRAM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I installed my Mopar headers, and the resonance is now unbearable between 2500-3000 rpm. I bought a resonator, the question is, resonator before the muffler or after?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanx

VPRRAM

After I installed my belanger headers (Hi-Flo cats with Magnaflow catback) I had the same problem, after a few long conversations about acoustic and performance exhausts I switched out the magnaflow to a Mopar/Borla Catback and pretty much solved the problem.

I do have the 4" MBRP SS exhaust, and I bought the MBRP Resonator, trying to figure out how much fabrication i need to do. Whether i need to move the muffler forward, or just install the resonator before the muffler.

VPRRAM

Install the resonator between the rear axel and the rear bumper, that's where Dodge had mine mounted, I'm going to probably putting one in my truck too! Mine is crazy loud drone between 2200-2700rpm and I didn't get the drone until I took out the factory resonator.

The reso needs to be as far to the rear as you can get it, right before the rear bumper.

After I installed my belanger headers (Hi-Flo cats with Magnaflow catback) I had the same problem, after a few long conversations about acoustic and performance exhausts I switched out the magnaflow to a Mopar/Borla Catback and pretty much solved the problem.

Same here!:rock::rock:

I do have the 4" MBRP SS exhaust, and I bought the MBRP Resonator, trying to figure out how much fabrication i need to do. Whether i need to move the muffler forward, or just install the resonator before the muffler.

VPRRAM

I have never heard a MBRP exhaust that sounded right. Sheldon installed two resonators on his truck to try and get rid of the drone.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back