Retrax cover question...

fastbill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

looking to buy a 10 this spring/summer, and have seen several with the Retrax cover on them. However, in looking further into the cover, their site says the cover meets up with the inside face of the tailgate, and water runs down the inside face of the tailgate. Can anyone confirm/deny this? l'd rather not have any water in the bed area at all, and will steer away from this cover if so. ls the factory cover that overlaps everything pretty weather tight? Thanks for all replies.

Fastbill, on the Retrax there is a seal that seals the retrax to the tailgate. The water collects at the front of the bed and is drained on the underside using tubing. I haven't had any water after a rain storm but I do get a little after using a pressure washer.

No leaks, at the front overlaping lip. when i wash my truck i get a little water at the tailgate if i am shooting water toward the cab. for rain and normal driving it does not leak. my only complaint is when you are driving the cover rattles a little bit. overall i am very happy.

Thanks guys. Forgot to mention l certainly don't anticipate getting caught in the rain, but will be washing religiously. Any comments on the factory cover/wing assy? Not going to be powerwashing or anything, but in the chance l do get caught in the rain driving, or just in the driveway, l want the bed area to remain dry. Also, with the factory one, l see you open that from underneath, so if the tailgate itself is locked, the bed area is then secure? Thanks again. Bill

pee ess.... have been itching to get a 10 for only 6 mo or so, and ironically always thought they were far out of my league, but see the resale on them relatively sux, so good for me for now, as l've convinced the boss, (wife), and now am allowed to buy one. Found a beautiful Commemorative edition, and praying it doesn't sell before l get some funds up.

I'm definitely contemplating putting one on mine so I can actually use the bed without fear of stuff being stolen.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back