Reverse Problems

Evans SRT10

Reaction score
HI. I think I saw something about this on here before but wanted to get some help/info. I have a 04 R/C and most every time I use reverse it pops out and I have to hold it with quite a bit of pressure to keep it from popping out. I have had the stock shifter, the x-metal, and currently the B&M shifter. It does it with all of them with no difference between any of them. My concern is that it will get worse and I will eventually lose reverse. Anyone else with this problem, or anyone who knows how to fix this, I would love some input. Thanks

Plastic shift fork pads will be shot. The trans will have to come apart and have at least the pads replaced, and possibly the reverse gear. There are brass replacement pads available to use in place of the plastic ones.

The plastic pads crack and then fall out of place. When this happens there is too much side clearance between the fork and collar which causes the gear not to travel far enough causing it to not fully engage. At first it grabs a little then after time with enough popping out it won't grab at all anymore.

The plastic pads crack and then fall out of place. When this happens there is too much side clearance between the fork and collar which causes the gear not to travel far enough causing it to not fully engage. At first it grabs a little then after time with enough popping out it won't grab at all anymore.

Do you know who to get the brass parts from?

Thegearbox.com
T56.com
Liberty transmissions
Tick Performance
RPM Transmissions

All above are top notch T56 suppliers and rebuilds.

Thanks for info, but ya might wanna recheck that gear box link. Unless your looking for some gay accesories....LOL. :knuddel: Click on and you"ll see what I mean.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back