rhino coat?? line-x?? opinions

tidnab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to coat my bed with a liner (already dinged it up loading my atv's). E-benz had nice coating on his truck but I forget what the heck it was... I was about to call a line-x dealer but thought I'd get opinions here first..

Thanks

Where are you located at? Woodland Hills, XX? Suggest a GTG to look at what others have done.

Bed Rug!!!

Rhino linings add at least 70lbs of weight to the truck.....Its not worth the daily added weight. If you are really worried about traction then a set of DR's from M&H are a better option than running around everyday with the extra lbs.

Bed rugs are soft but rugged.

So, unless you are using the truck bed for daily heavy work, then would vote for a bed rug.

thanks guys... I love the bed rugs... but my top is almost always off as I load my atv's in it at least monthly if not more into the bed... sounds like line-x is the way to go... the weight's a bummer but it needs to be done... I don't like the scratches I put in the tailgate with my ramp :eek:

tidnab said:
I need to coat my bed with a liner (already dinged it up loading my atv's). E-benz had nice coating on his truck but I forget what the heck it was... I was about to call a line-x dealer but thought I'd get opinions here first..

Thanks

I've had Rhino, Line-X, and others and at the end of the day, it's like everyoe else, who does the prep and installation makes the difference. There's Rhino guy here that does the most incredible job I've seen to date, and I always go with him now, but I'm sure there are other guys with other brands who do just as good. I don't think there's any advanatge to any of their products. My advice would be to look at some (several) of the beds that particular shop has done and go from there. A quality guy will remove all the hardware (nuts, bols, tie doens etc) in the bed, put the liner in and then replace the hardware. Some just apply the liner over the bolts, etc and that looks like shit.

Texas Yellow Fever said:
I've had Rhino, Line-X, and others and at the end of the day, it's like everyoe else, who does the prep and installation makes the difference. There's Rhino guy here that does the most incredible job I've seen to date, and I always go with him now, but I'm sure there are other guys with other brands who do just as good. I don't think there's any advanatge to any of their products. My advice would be to look at some (several) of the beds that particular shop has done and go from there. A quality guy will remove all the hardware (nuts, bols, tie doens etc) in the bed, put the liner in and then replace the hardware. Some just apply the liner over the bolts, etc and that looks like shit.

Isn't it also important that ALL of the paint be removed first?

Bed Rug. It is waterproof, acid proof, crush proof, you can spray it down to clean it or even vacuum it. You don't need a bed cover.

I had a Line-X in my '04 RAM 3500 Diesel and LOVED IT!!
But like TYFever mentioned, the installer has a BIG influence. We have a really good guy here in VA that pays close attention to prep and detail. He could probably spray anything and make it work. I would check around with people in your area to see what they think.

I just got mine Line-x'd about 2 weeks ago, I had it in my 01 ram and loved it. The installer did a great job and cut me a killer deal, I would highly recommend it for anyone thats going to use their SRT as a truck.
Justin

Marc T said:
Paint need not be removed, just oil, dirt and a good scuffing of the clear coat!!

I thought that it had to bond with the metal?

What is a good price for the Line-x system?

I got mine done by Ameraguard and it looks fantastic. Had my past truck sprayed by a local unknown and it ashed up quickly but they did a good job. As the other posts said, proper prep, someone who sprays good, and a good life time product and you can't go wrong. Oh and mine was $350 to give you a price range. Good luck!:burnout:

Line-X will bond to anything . . . Thats why I said the applicator is important!
I think about $450.00 for a short bed.

I want LineX for mine.. but I can not get any of their local dealers (or even corporate for that matter) to call me back, or reply to emails... so I may go to BedRug..

I have a dirtbike in the back of my truck 50% of the time. Bedrug has held up well though oil (spent 2 stroke kind) has left a few stains. As for the ramp marking up the tailgate I tried various methods but nothing worked. Finally had Rhino spray just the top edge of my tailgate. Looks much better than I expected (color matched) and has worked perfectly. No question I'd go with the bedrug and a spray type liner on the tailgate edge for protection.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back