Right Hand Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

p33tef

Reaction score
Hi
Just bought a 04 Manual trans in the UK. I am actually working here in the US and will not get to drive it until April, at least it will give me time to save money for all the gas I will be buying while I get to know my new toy.

Attachments

• srt.jpg
    srt.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,983
  • srt2.jpg
    srt2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 659
I actually didnt know they made them RHD:dontknow: Maybe Viper Jeff will jump in here and confirm or disagree:dontknow:

thewelshm

Dont they have to get converted... i thought the batram was rh drive

BatRam is a RH drive and Carlwalski is prob the resident expert on how to do the conversion...

Da1Chief said:
BatRam is a RH drive and Carlwalski is prob the resident expert on how to do the conversion...

...as well as "how to murder out your truck."

Welcome to the club!

THEWELSHM said:
I actually didnt know they made them RHD :dontknow:
They didn't, as hcetzneb pointed out, if law requires RHD, then they must be converted professionally. I'm not 100% sure on all the small technical details that were done to accomplish the RHD switch as it has to be done by the pros (for good reason) but I did start a thread to show people what went on with lots of photos, the thread is below. However, there really is no question from this newbie about converting it back to it's stock LHD configuration, he merely just states it's RHD, he's here in the USA and that the truck is in the UK. From what I read, it's still in the UK until he goes back and when he does with more gas money. ;) Welcome aboard the best Viper Truck forum around, you have sweet truck, enjoy it!

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23458&highlight=RHD

Cheers,
Carlwalski
New Zealand

Batram6.JPG

Thanks guys for the welcome.
Is there anything I should consider taking back to the UK with me? performance chips? plug in tuning systems? Obviously can't be to big and cumbersome don't think I could fit a ROE supercharger in my case!!

Tooloe said:
WHERES YOUR MAN PEDAL!!!!???????????:aetsch:
In my pants lol. Unlike most guys, I don't need 3 pedals to be a man. :D :p :rock:

p33tef - I would take bulk items back that would usually kill you on customs charges and shipping weight, like perhaps a muffler/exhaust system and headers, heck, even look into "upgrading" (depending who you talk to) the OEM tires. You can buy all these and chuck them in the rear tray and pay no more than you are gong to have to anyhow. 2c :)

welcome to the forum, you will enjoy the truck, and exactly what carwalski said for extras

I have been wanting one of these things for years but never wanted to drive a Lefty in the UK so when I found this I had to have it. Cant wait to see it in person. My brother viewed if and said it is a F%&*(g beast!! and sounds awesome. They cost a lot of money new over here when they are converted to RHD 61 thousand pounds!! So it was a steal really!! Well worth trading in the V10 diesel VW Toureg I had

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back