Rim Shipment

lthlvnm04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the best place to ship rims? Between fedex and ups or is there somewhere better?

Worse place is the little shipping stores at your local strip malls even though many offer UPS and FedEx. Can you say surcharge? God forbid if you let them package it! If shipping all four I'd look at Uship.com Its a reverse of ebay but for shipping. Shippers bid lower and lower to get your business. Single rim....not worth it. 4 rims...might be worth posting description/pix to see what you get. Leave a time window for pick up and drop off as you'll get more shippers to bid as they can work it into their normal runs.

An example...shipped a motorcycle 2 weeks ago. General costs through normal motorcycle specific shippers ran $450-$600 for 1000 mile distance. Ended up at $230 and even had one trucker email that if I could bring the bike down to distribution center within 3hrs here in Phx he'd do it for $150. I couldn't make his window...

last time i shipped rims i took cardboard and cut them out for the sides and wrapped them with the clear plastic wrapping and packing tape. put the shipping labels on the side and used fed ex.

Little known secret is Greyhound GPX.....only downside is it's terminal to terminal shipping but worth the few $100 you'll save using UPS of FEDEX...
I had 4 20" with 37" M/T weighed 104lbs each, all shipped to me for under $300

lthlvnm04 said:
Guy I'm talking to on here is in California.
well you can try this, get a pallet, most of the time you can find them about anywhere, stacke the rims on them, and wiegh it, or get an approximate wieght, then call up yellow freight , R @ L and some other local trucking companies and see what the fee would be, yellow is usually the cheapest and let them know you get the "yes" discount.

or you can check with local truckng companines in your area, there is a ton right where you are at, check iwth the ones doing fruit an veggies, they most likly could give you a killer deal since it dont wiegh nothing and dont take up room

you are in a hot bed of trucking routes

lthlvnm04 said:
Guy I'm talking to on here is in California.
Heres a little quick one I did for you from tally to LA $67 a piece could be more or less but based it off 6o lbs which is probably heavier

http://www.shipgreyhound.com/scripts/quotes/gpxStep3.asp

I'm telling you man I used to ship all across the United States wheels and thos Power wheel ride on kid toy cars and greyhound blew everyone outta the water, not to mention takes less than 3 days:rock:

They have service stations all over every county!

Quote Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total: $67.50

Schedule Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carrier Schedule Departure Arrival Transit Time
GLI 3880 07:30a.m. 11:05a.m. 2 days, 6 hrs, 35 mins
GLI 1243 01:25p.m. 07:00p.m. 2 days, 8 hrs, 35 mins
GLI 1247 06:15p.m. 09:45p.m. 2 days, 6 hrs, 30 mins

Shipment Information

Origin: Tallahassee, FL
Destination: Los Angeles, CA
Payment Method: Prepaid
Service Type: Standard
Nbr. of Pieces: 1
Total Weight: 60 pounds
Declared Value: $300.00

Last edited:
Thank ya thank ya kickinass, we actually have a greyhound station very close to my house:rock:

lthlvnm04 said:
Thank ya thank ya kickinass, we actually have a greyhound station very close to my house:rock:
Yea you dont even have to wrap em all crazy...just get the guy you are sending it to give you his zip or the name of a station close and they deliver right to him...
I went crazy about summer last year finding a cheap shipper and someone let me in on this secret of greyhound and I've been using them ever since for big bulky items! If you go there they'll give you a better price if you shoot the shit!

I might be getting rid of them again, someone last time sent me pm that said they would take them up the east coast on their semi. If he could send me another pm or respond to the thread I would greatly appreciate it thanks!

lthlvnm04 said:
Where is the best place to ship rims? Between fedex and ups or is there somewhere better?
I thought I told you or someone here like a month ago that greyhound package express GPX is by far way faster cheaper and mire economical to ship
large items. Check them out. They ship anywhere in the country. I shipped 4 20" rims with 37" tires 106lbs each for $360. Not bad compared to fedex who wanted nearly $600 ups nearly $650.
If you have any questions pm me. I shipped large items for over a year an no one ever touched greyhound GPX package shipping.

Yeah man, that was me. But one of the members on here offered to load them on his semi and take them for me, so I was going to see if I could find him again. If not, I will definitely use Greyhound

Lol yea I just read the thread again. I was on the road and apparently I was wrong in my last post as far as price and weight. It was under $300 as the quote showed, and weight was off by 2 lbs.
Load them on a semi is the best option!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back