Rims getting coated- Nightrunner style!

mr. anderson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long story short, my stock rims were curb rashed and pitted both in and out from the last owner.

Finally getting my rims fixed, after a lot of debate I decided to go with a nightrunner style, painted and powdercoated clear.

Here's a couple pics of the trial basecoat before powdercoating the clear.

2zz7uo3.jpg

20ksyeh.jpg

should have completed pics of the rims tommorow on the truck!

it's a mix of colors. not sure but it isn't a straight paint code, I could find one anyway. the guy I have fixing my rims mixed it together from pics I have gathered for him. the inner rims were severely pitted so it'll be tommorow before I get them. so hopefully mounted pics tommorow!

all done here's a couple pics, yes I know I have to detail the tires :D

2cohn4x.jpg

smg1p1.jpg

here is tnviper's actual nightrunners:

_MG_0221.jpg

Based on the pictures I would think they were the real thing...good job!..Looks great!...:rock: ........now find a pair of NR headlights..;)

TNVIPER said:
Based on the pictures I would think they were the real thing...good job!..Looks great!...:rock: ........now find a pair of NR headlights..;)

NR headlights for a non-06? He'd have better luck with the stickers.. ;)

Look great though. I almost bought the NR but didnt like the wheels at first. had I known the issues with the brakes, I might have just made a different choice.

TREKER said:
NR headlights for a non-06? He'd have better luck with the stickers.. ;)

Look great though. I almost bought the NR but didnt like the wheels at first. had I known the issues with the brakes, I might have just made a different choice.

OOPs...forgot..:eek: ..yeah...too bad it's a 2005..;)

Just get the 05 lights that are black inside instead of chrome. Those will look real good.

Looks really good. Im looking to do mine flat black. What kind of prep is needed on these wheels before they can be powdered? Do they need to be blasted?

thanks jesse! always wanted a set, also want a set of chomed ones for the summer driving! how are things going, wish I coulda been at the get-together looks like it was a nice one. you make it to the pinks?

Harasin, you can do it yourself, duplicolor makes a flat and gloss black, yes you need to take your time and sand the clearcoat down and then apply the wheel paint. if you do it like they say it should last. you could also just get them powdercoated.

Harasin said:
Looks really good. Im looking to do mine flat black. What kind of prep is needed on these wheels before they can be powdered? Do they need to be blasted?

no, just take em down with some 320 grit sand paper.

bigike said:
NICE Man!

Have you looked into those billet gen3 viper center caps yet?

naw. it's not a viper. just has it's engine, I'm not a fan of having viper stuff on the truck, just the engine in it :D.

now if they had ones that had SRT on it. those would be hot!

Last edited:
FerrariTruck said:
no, just take em down with some 320 grit sand paper.

Oh really? The last powdercoater I talked to said I need to take it to the U-Blast and blast them clean?

Harasin, I disagree, that coating is a good basecoat / protection against the elements. I would just do a light scuff sanding on it to get the paint to stick.

Last edited:
Harasin said:
Oh really? The last powdercoater I talked to said I need to take it to the U-Blast and blast them clean?

nah at least i didnt i mine came out great. just the clear coat needs to be taken down

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back