Road Racing My SRT!

Big Asp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish my Ram was running so I could take it out on this track. Soon, I hope. Instead I took the SRT8 Jeep out again. Here are some shots from Tuesday at the Miller Motorsports track in Utah courtesy of Jeff (MYuGiOh). Notice how close the Mustangs are in the first shot and how much I already pulled them on the front straight in the second shot. They were quicker in the corners (beefed up suspensions and warmed over engines) but I had to lift in the straights to let them by. Drag racing is great. In fact, I'm going to race tonight. However, if you want to really put all of the SRT engineering to work, get out on a road course. Lots of fun!

Attachments

• jeep1.jpg
    jeep1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 55
  • jeep2.jpg
    jeep2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 52
  • jeep3.jpg
    jeep3.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 40
  • jeep7.jpg
    jeep7.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 30
  • jeep9.jpg
    jeep9.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 33
  • jeep10.jpg
    jeep10.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 27
  • jeep6.jpg
    jeep6.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 37
Are there brackets or any sort of seasonal racing leagues? Looks like a fun time, especially if you can take your truck there on the weekends and race against other trucks on a course like that. :rock:

I will be moving to Northern Illinois soon, about two hours away from Road America in Wisconsin...hope to add a SRT 8 as my daily driver...and get it on the road course from time to time...

I think the SRT 8 is going to really become a very popular car...currently trying to find out if I can add a class IV hitch so I can pull my truck and/or Volvo on a Texas roll-back trailer.

You must has had a ball!

It was a great day at the track. I'm with Phil. Hope his 10 is done soon and I get my steering issue worked out. Would be pretty cool running around Miller Motorsports Park.

It was really funny watching Phil wave the mustangs by. It would take the entire length of the front stretch for them to get by. It almost looked like Phil had to get completely out of the gas.

Thanks for the invite Phil. Really enjoyed myself.

Jeff

Great shots!! Thanks for sharing ;)

Will be hitting VIR again in October, will take some pics or even some vids this time around :D

I love that thing. Nice pics. Looks like u had a great time. Hey were those GT's or Cobras? I saw a New Cobra this morning with the same paint scheme.

2ndchance said:
I love that thing. Nice pics. Looks like u had a great time. Hey were those GT's or Cobras? I saw a New Cobra this morning with the same paint scheme.

Could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure they were Cobra's. There part of a driving school you can go to. Don't really think they want the average Jo's of the world crashing GT40's

Prof said:
I will be moving to Northern Illinois soon, about two hours away from Road America in Wisconsin...hope to add a SRT 8 as my daily driver...and get it on the road course from time to time...

I think the SRT 8 is going to really become a very popular car...currently trying to find out if I can add a class IV hitch so I can pull my truck and/or Volvo on a Texas roll-back trailer.

You must has had a ball!

Damn, you are in for a shock this winter.:D

MYuGiOh Motorsports said:
For those interested. I took just a few more pics at different cars and a lot more of Phil. If you want to see them, there at

http://www.catpawinc.com/Events/MMSP.html
You should be our site photographer!! - You take awewome pics. Thanks for sharing. Oh, I'm glad to see you gave Loosey some glory, too :D

Nice pics and congrats Phil. :rock:

Wifey said:
You should be our site photographer!! - You take awewome pics. Thanks for sharing. Oh, I'm glad to see you gave Loosey some glory, too :D

Nice pics and congrats Phil. :rock:

Nope, couldn't take a single pic good enough for the banner...:dontknow:

but I do take a lot of pics

jeff

Thanks everyone! To answer a few of your questions, they have two brackets, race cars and street cars. Those Mustangs were GTs with upgraded suspension and warmed over engines. At this level you aren't allowed to pass unless the guy in front waves you by and only on the straights. Since the Mustangs were quicker in the turns I waved them by but had to come off the throttle to let them by as I pulled them in the straights. Jeff is great to have around. He always has his camera with him, takes tons of pictures at every Mopar club event and graciously shares them.

I'm telling you guys, these SRT machines are made for the road. I went drag racing last night. I'm an old drag racer and love doing it but after road racing the other day, drag racing seemed a bit anticlimatic. At the road track you get three 20 minute sessions in three hours. At the strip I got three 14 second passes in four hours. Prof, go tear up Road America. You'll have a blast!

BTW, the Jeep ran 14.55 at 4,500 ft above sea level on a 100+ degree day with thunder storms lurking and way lower than normal air pressure (our track corrects to about 1 full second under perfect weather conditions). I was very pleased. People couldn't believe it was bone stock.

Since driving the Jeep SRT 8 at the SRT Track Experience in Atlanta, I have been pleading with my spouse (the only working person in the family) to get one as her everyday driver. She won't give up her Prius...so, that's it, I will just have to have a third vehicle!

Someone posted recently about running their truck in autocross and doing very well!!! Another uncommon application for these wonderful SRT vehicles.

Much appreciation for the pics and thread.

Last edited:
Silverback said:
Damn, you are in for a shock this winter.:D
Still own the "Kottage" in the Keys!!! So I will be ready to escape when necessary, maybe drive my future SRT 8 down!

Big Asp said:
I wish my Ram was running so I could take it out on this track. Soon, I hope. Instead I took the SRT8 Jeep out again. Here are some shots from Tuesday at the Miller Motorsports track in Utah courtesy of Jeff (MYuGiOh). Notice how close the Mustangs are in the first shot and how much I already pulled them on the front straight in the second shot. They were quicker in the corners (beefed up suspensions and warmed over engines) but I had to lift in the straights to let them by. Drag racing is great. In fact, I'm going to race tonight. However, if you want to really put all of the SRT engineering to work, get out on a road course. Lots of fun!

What does warmed over engines mean?:dontknow:

I drove the SRT8 Jeep at the SRT Track Event last May..all I could say is WOW!...amazing how it jerked off the line...the instructors said the Jeep was their least favorate though...because it was too hard to break loose and slide around..;)

Marc T said:
What does warmed over engines mean?:dontknow:
It means it has been modified with performance upgrades and is no longer stock.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back