Roadracing Buttonwillow, CA

droptail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7.jpg
Nice matching calipers, eh? Going back tomorrow with a video camera mounted in the bed (I hope).

Last edited:
Sweet man, road racing is soo much fun in these trucks. Where did you get the vinyl (is it vinyl) stick on thingy for the doors?

There will be some road racing at Willow Springs Wed. the 15th if anyone wants to go. I was planning to go, but got to handle business first. LINK

:rock: Nice pic. I'll have to wait until I get some new rubber....just about gone. Not bad, 2-1/2yrs. 16,000/miles about 1/8" of rubber left.
Not enought to go road racing right now....but soon.

Quick

Droptail- What tires are you running? What PSI? I haven't had any problems with the Scorpions, but I'm always looking for improvements.

I'll post a pic of my in-cab camera mount. That should give you some ideas for the next time. :)

Sure is nice to see a pic of the truck turning. :D

I believe I was running around 28-30 psi (cold), 33-35 right after a session. Just have to check the sidewalls for wear after each session and adjust accordingly

I usually run 32psi cold on the OEM tires. They tend to gum up a bit but nothing too bad. I am sure there are better options out there, something a little softer but will hold up to the heat. Anyone know of any track tires that you could fit on a 18 or 20 " rim ?

Although I would worry about about bottoming out with too short of tire. I get some fender rub when going balls out on the course and especially toward the end of the session when there is build up.

Kevan said:
Droptail- What tires are you running? What PSI? I haven't had any problems with the Scorpions, but I'm always looking for improvements.

I'll post a pic of my in-cab camera mount. That should give you some ideas for the next time. :)

Sure is nice to see a pic of the truck turning. :D
Trying to post new pic, not up yet. Tires, suck, I run about 40#'s hot. Running the OE but push and understeer. Will post pic of my body roll on a tight 45mph turn, about 4". truck is lowered with little stiffer springs & shocks in front, stock rr. I think it handles pretty bad comparatively, but still obviously needs work. I have stiffer shocks & springs for the front yet to bolt on. My urethane bushings didn't add much, need more bar. Its a pretty hot group we have here, and like I said I am comparing this to my last truck which had more work, and really flew. Of course it handles great for its size, but I want to pass all but the fastest trailered race cars. I have my 305/335 Hoosiers on 18's that I ran on the Lightning, but think they will look even lamer on these bigger wheelwells. What a group we had there this weekend, I didn't see the Ford GT return, but there was the trailered new race prepped Z06, an M5, a 6.3 AMG, along with the usual suspects. Missed a shift down for the first time, 5th to 2nd doing about 80, locked up the rear end and rotated 90 degrees, then went off track. Have that on my rear facing video camera. Shifter is much improved but still notchy. I put M1 ATF in before the race and now I can get in R in the morning.

Last edited:
I'd like to see your camera mounts. I was thinking of making a bar that would attach to the driver and passenger head rest posts.

lol..would love to see the 5th to 2nd video!! :D :D

Heck, email it to me and Ill host it for ya for a little while :D

great pic's droptail!!!!!!
love the way your truck look's running and when it's turnning....great pic's again, love them...

BWR-11.jpg
Here's a pic going around a tighter turn. The nicest thing abut this beast on the track is the sund of its engine with my cutout opened, and its pulling power of course.

Dave,
I mounted it in the bed using existing nutserts in the rail and Al "L" channel for risers and crossbed piece. Tech didn't seem to have a prob with it, (and marveled at my beast prepairing to do battle). Nobody expects to seen that beautiful power plant when I open the hood, its got to be the biggest surpriser of all time. Mount worked great, need to raise it to look forward, didn't have the time to make a pedastol, but will have it for next season. I'll see about putting up an edited video, its not something I'm proud of, its the first spinout in 5 yrs for me.
Camera-mount.jpg

droptail said:
Dave,
I mounted it in the bed using existing nutserts in the rail and Al "L" channel for risers and crossbed piece. Tech didn't seem to have a prob with it, (and marveled at my beast prepairing to do battle). Nobody expects to seen that beautiful power plant when I open the hood, its got to be the biggest surpriser of all time. Mount worked great, need to raise it to look forward, didn't have the time to make a pedastol, but will have it for next season. I'll see about putting up an edited video, its not something I'm proud of, its the first spinout in 5 yrs for me.
Camera-mount.jpg

Great job droptail.
looking foward to seeing it!:idea:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back