Roe Questions

shade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 QC and am possibly looking to getting a ROE.
From my searching around here a roe left at the 5-6lbs stock boost will be safe for the stock internals.
Please correct me if this isnt accurate I had just seen a few people here running stock internals with the stock boost and seems the consensus was its ok.
Is the tranny ok to handle this as well?

The base Roe setup is "safe" for stock internals. I say "safe" because when ever you do something like this you run the risk of boom more than the NA guy.

it seems as if the rc's are holding up better than the qc's with the roe setup..... qc tranny's are weak too.....

any kind of FI is going to lessen engine life..... it just depends on what you can live with.:)

Reading through old posts there had been one engine failure using a roe (stock internals/stock roe)
Many more with some decent miles on it.

moparracing said:
it seems as if the rc's are holding up better than the qc's with the roe setup..... qc tranny's are weak too.....

any kind of FI is going to lessen engine life..... it just depends on what you can live with.:)
Engine is no problem with 6.5 pulley. The tranny isn't necessarily weak as it is just not the right one for our trucks. They tried to make a diesel tranny for a high performance application.

tranny will last longer if you keep the bands adjusted and the fluid and filter changed, mine doesnt slip, just slip shifts between 1st and 2nd. correcting a problem before it starts with the new tranny and converter, hopefully ill pick up a few tenths at the track too.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back